First Workout

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
What was it like? What were your experiences?

I went to our local gym, and did the treadmill 3.0-3.5 for 35 minutes..then gave up. I didn't puke. First time i did elliptical, lasted for 5-10 minutes my first week. Afterwords, i didn't want to go back..but then i did after a while my routines were very basic, 30 min treadmill 3.5 mph, stationary bike, 30 minutes, elliptical 30 minutes. Elliptical for me was hard, felt sore, felt tired..then pushed myself over the weeks till i lasted 45 minutes on elliptical. :smile:

Replies

• MzBlake
    MzBlake Posts: 3 Member
    Hey try ..... Cto5k and this will help and it starts out slow and will bill you up... will not let you down...
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    My fave is Elliptical... I do 20 to 30 minutes daily of it... and get my other exercise walking my dogs or playing with my kids. I ran (not sure how long, with my son today...and it felt good because after losing 51 lbs total...I didn't feel like I was going to die!
  • You did better than me! I had a hard time getting through 15 minutes on each. Now I do an hour of cardio, two 30 minute stints on either elliptical and bike or bike and treadmill. I'd do more but I only have about an hour before work in the morning.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    I used the elliptical for 30 minutes...I had to stop a few times because my thighs were on fire, but it's a great workout.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    i love my elliptical too. but, when i first started, 5 minutes felt like 5 hours. today, i do 45 mins to an hour on it, and feel great afterwards.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    I exercise for a while, then completely give up, so I've re-started a LOT. Thankfully, have been back on the exercise routine for about 3 months now- when I first re-started, my friend and I went to a bootcamp class and did tons of squats, lunges, push-ups, etc. We thought we were doing good until the next day, when we couldn't move, and were in major pain for the 4 days after that! Later, we found out it was the hardest class the group had ever had, so we stuck with it. Now I can do the same workout and just be a tiny bit sore the next day, then fine 2 days later- yay- progress!:happy:
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    I don't do the gym thing. I have a Tony Little Pro Gazelle that will kick your butt. Plus it's cheaper than a gym membership in the long run. I have it in my living room so I can exericse (I have the routines down so don't need to watch the video's any more) and watch my favorite shows which makes the time go by even faster. Then I have my dumbbell video which I use for additional strength training.
This discussion has been closed.