New to the site

Options
Hello, Everyone! My name is Michelle and I began my weight loss journey in early December. So far, I have lost 27 pounds in 9 weeks. My husband (he's lost 30) and I are both working hard and watching what we eat. We not only want to better ourselves, but we don't want our two young daughters to learn the same terrible habits that got us to where we were not long ago. My starting weight was 282 pounds. Before beginning my journey, I had become depressed. I was feeling any joy in my life any more, despite all the wonderful things in it. The scale was tipping closer and closer to the 300lb mark, I had high blood pressure and no energy to be active with my children. When my doctor suggested and anti-depressant I said, "No. This is not me and I am going to fix this." After some self-reflection, I determined I was depressed about me. About my health and my image. I was tired of looking in th mirror and being dissatisfied. Moreover, I was afraid that someday my daughters would feel the same way about themselves as well. I remember what school is like when you eat your feelings and I don't want that for them. A friend at work stopped me on my way out the door the head home for the day. She said she knew I could do turn things around. Why didn't I try? What was holding me back? The truth is it was me. I was holding me back. My fear of failure was over-riding my desire to succeed. That night when I got home, I used our treadmill for it's intended purpose and not a clothes rack. And I never stopped. My husband and I work out 3-5 times a week and we try to eat about 1500cal a day. It's working! And I feel amazing, both mentally and physically! We're learning so much about excercise and nutrition. The same friend that motivated me told me about this site (she has the app on her smart phone) and I joined. So far, I love what I see. Soon, I'll love what I see in the mirror!

Replies