Zumba

Options
How should I log calories burned in Zumba?? :huh:

I'm going to my first class tonight and I was looking earlier under cardio and didn't find zumba. Help!!

Replies

• lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i put it under cardio !
  • Erica9903
    Options
    Right, but I guess I should have asked how I figure how many calories I burn doing it and not how I should log it. Zumba isn't listed in cardio exercises.
  • Jmbttnr2
    Options
    I log mine under Aerobic High Impact for 60 minutes. Which tends to be 600 +
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I looked up calories for high impact aerobics and used that number to create my own zumba exercise...it's conservative because you can burn so much but I'd rather underestimate than over estimate.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i log it as dancing aerobic

hope it helps

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • bethann1976
    Options
    I am 5'2 169lbs and wear a HRM to my 55-min Zumba class. I bust tail and only burn about 410 on average. Hope that helps.
  • cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've been logging it as "Dancing, aerobic..." because i thought that seemed close enough. Should I use high impact aerobics instead?
  • loriefolk
    Options
    Definitely get yourself a HRM && and I'd log it under Cardio :)
  • cheechersmom
    Options
    I go to Zumba 3 to 4 times a week...I log it as "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" I figure that's the closest that I have found in the database. Have fun tonight, and don't be scared off of it. It takes 3 to 4 classes to get the hang of the moves. :o)
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I usually burn between 480 cals and 580 cals per hour, depending on how fast I am moving. If it is your first time you may not burn as much because you will be spending some time picking up the moves, which can slow you down. Have fun, Zumba is awesome and addictive!
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    I use "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist”.
  • bethann1976
    Options
    Tonight is my 3rd time and I am no where near "picking up the moves," LOL! I am so uncoordinated. I figure as long as I'm moving and my heart is a-pumpin and I'm having fun, it's allll good!
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I like high impact because zumba is more intense than high impact aerobics and most people burn a minimum of 400 to 700 or so depending on weight and height. That is just what I do. When I can afford it I will invest in an HRM to get a better reading.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba 3 to 4 times a week...I log it as "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" I figure that's the closest that I have found in the database. Have fun tonight, and don't be scared off of it. It takes 3 to 4 classes to get the hang of the moves. :o)

I log it the same. You're going to have so much fun you won't even feel like you're working out!