New & Overwhelmed!

Options
Hello all. I'm new here, just joined about two hours ago. I am very excited because I have been looking for some structure to help me reach my goal. I'm somebody who likes to have somebody tell you what to do. Have someone to work out with, ya know just general support. I called one of the leading diet programs last night, and the cost for 6 months without the cost of food was over $400 alone. Its crazy. So to be able to have this site tell me exactly calories I have a day... For FREE? Is simply amazing.

I've been overweight my entire adult life. I know I'm only nineteen, but high school is brutal. For someone who never wore skinny jeans, or short shorts, its a big deal. I've tried to diet but for the first time in my life, this site has offered me some hope. I can finally be optimistic about my goal. Its no longer unrealistic. I can DO THIS. Ya know? Its a great feeling. I no longer have to look at my siblings who have accomplished their goals and be jealous. Because I will be right there alongside them in NO TIME.

Thank you myfitnesspal. You are now my MAIN PAL:)

Ok corny I know... >.>

Once again, HELLO EVERYONE. Feel free to friend me. Lets talk and encourage eachother. Afterall, thats what this site is for, right?

Looking forward to the future [for once],
Elizabeth

Replies

• shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It's great that you're doing this for yourself :) You'll find plenty of support and motivation on the forums. If you want a friend, you can add me! The more the merrier :D
  • topiwalac
    topiwalac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been using MyFitnessPal for about 6 months now and they have been the best months of my life. What you are doing is great, and I am sure you will have the same experience.
  • stucross1987
    stucross1987 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Will power is the main aim in my opinion, keep foceused motivated and you will see the pounds drop off. dont cut out all crappy foods, just mix them with good foods and only have them in moderation! :)
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    We're here for you!