any help??

Options
I need to lose my last 20 lbs before April or maybe July whichever, preferably April, any tips for effective exercises?? :)

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Hey, losing and gaining weight is mostly diet-based. Sure exercise helps, but if your diet isn't spot on you are not going to make any real progress.
    If you can, try doing cardio 5 days a week in the morning before breakfast. You should go for 45 mins at least.
    From your diary you don't seem to eat much whole foods. You should try to have protein at 15% of your daily calories. Are you not able to cook?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Based on you height, weight, and age; walking.

Two to three 13 minute miles three times a week, plus proper eating habits (I doubt your diet is excessive) plenty of rest and stretching afterwards.. you could do 1 to 1.5 pounds a week. Just be mindful that the increase in activity will increase your appetite.
    A thirteen minute mile is almost a jog, but doesn't create near the stress on your knees and hips. Plus, 'speedwalking' isn't near as intimidating.

Go for it!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Hey, losing and gaining weight is mostly diet-based. Sure exercise helps, but if your diet isn't spot on you are not going to make any real progress.
    If you can, try doing cardio 5 days a week in the morning before breakfast. You should go for 45 mins at least.
    From your diary you don't seem to eat much whole foods. You should try to have protein at 15% of your daily calories. Are you not able to cook?

Cardiovascular 5 days a week before breakfast? Recipe for disaster.

Girl, you aren't training for the Iron Man. If any type of exercise peaks your interest, try it out. But don't think you have to do the Biggest Looser regiment, it would just cause a burnout.
  • AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    no since I'm young and live with my parents they usually do the cooking because I'm doing a levels so I'm usually just working....I think really I should change my diet....
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options

Cardiovascular 5 days a week before breakfast? Recipe for disaster.

Girl, you aren't training for the Iron Man. If any type of exercise peaks your interest, try it out. But don't think you have to do the Biggest Looser regiment, it would just cause a burnout.
    Well if she's trying to lose 20lbs in a couple of months that's already asking too much. And I remember reading somewhere that doing cardio before breakfast burns 300% more fat. Trust me I already lost over 30lbs with this method :)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    If you 'must' eat what your folks cook, try portion control to start - then gradually move to the healthier diet. You won't starve yourself, of fail due to cravings.
  • stucross1987
    stucross1987 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Alicia,
    i have a similar problem in being lazy my mum cooks the food which often is ok but not "healthy" if you pay board ask them to get you things like rice past etc and just do some daily.... the weightwatchers range are quite tasty compared to how they used to be and can be microwaved, i get them with plenty of veg and i find it filling
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly it sounds like yoh are looking to do a crash diet for a specific event. If you do manage to lose that much that quickly, don't be surprised if you gain it back plus more. Losing weight shouldn't be for fashion, you'll be starting a lifetime struggle of yo-yo dieting.

Good luck.