Need HELP- Cooking Salmon Fillets

Options
2»

Replies

• GinaJ2006
    Options
    Baking is good but you can also poach in skimmed milk which keeps them really moist.

Try cream cheese on top (low fat of course) topped with wholegrain breadcrumbs - yummy with lots of green veggies!

Other than that not sure - be interesting to see if anyone comes up with some ideas for low fat sauces as I'd love to know!

x

That sounds delicious!! So gonna try that.
  • gemlynch
    gemlynch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a aluminum foil pouch with kalamata olives, red onion, and cherry tomatoes. Then I bake for 20 min (I think) at 350, salmon will flake apart when done. I'm actually on my way out to grab this exact meal at the grocery store :)
  • jcat83
    jcat83 Posts: 10
    Options
    I bake mine in the oven, no wrap on the actual salmon, but on the pyrex I use to bake them in. I add a little pepper, salt, lemon and dill weed. Mmm mm good! I also eat it with quinoa.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    how did your salmon come out?

callip... Alton Brown is the man... I use his recipes and techniques all the time. if i can find the ingredients.
  • 19daisy
    Options
    I marinate the salmon in kens fat free sun dried tomato dressing and then broil for 10-15 minutes depending on how well done I want it.. Adding lemon after cooking also adds a lot of flavor.
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like my salmon as close to still swimming as possible. ;) I bake the fillet for 4 minutes in a 450 degree oven. They're still very pink when they come out. Yum yum yum. I usually don't add anything to it at all-- buying really fresh salmon and cooking it minimally, it just tastes perfect as it is.