Replies

• StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    big hipped girl here ~ Bumping this............. :bigsmile:
  • patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    running! i def think thats the best way to slim them.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    You can't spot lose or reduce. Your body decides how to distribute based on how much fat mass it has to work with.

You can do things like lunges and squats and variations to tone those muscles but you can't make any one part of your body smaller through targeted exercise. Just do a nice balanced routine- some cardio, some strength and toning, keep to your cals and it come off in time.
  • loriefolk
    Options
    You can't spot lose or reduce. Your body decides how to distribute based on how much fat mass it has to work with.

You can do things like lunges and squats and variations to tone those muscles but you can't make any one part of your body smaller through targeted exercise. Just do a nice balanced routine- some cardio, some strength and toning, keep to your cals and it come off in time.

Great advice!
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Yep, what she said.

I have really wide hips. Even when I was at my lowest weight and fittest (when I was about 24), my hips were wide and it made finding pants that fit difficult. Frustrating, but gotta work with what we're given, I guess.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm a big hipped girl and I've decided that while I can get them a bit smaller, the rest of my body will become smaller as well and I'll still have biggish hips. IMO, the only way to truly become a small hipped girl is to have different parents who gave you different genetics!! : P
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    :( None of my work pants fit, my hips are size 8-10 by my thighs are lost in the slacks...I was hoping to find some helpful advice but I guess I am just stuck with bigger hips.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

+1
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    :( None of my work pants fit, my hips are size 8-10 by my thighs are lost in the slacks...I was hoping to find some helpful advice but I guess I am just stuck with bigger hips.

You don't think proper nutrition and cardio with weight training is "helpful advice" for someone trying to lose body fat???
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What worked for me is aerobic exercise to work off the fat, then squats and lunges to make sure I don't lose all the booty. Check out Brazillian Butt Lift. That has made my 50 year old bum look better than it has in years.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

You know, size 2 is not realistic for everyone. I would look horrible if I got that small becuase I'm just not built that way. But if you want something other than exercise and diet as a way to take inches off your hips you could check out lipsuction.
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

You know, size 2 is not realistic for everyone. I would look horrible if I got that small becuase I'm just not built that way. But if you want something other than exercise and diet as a way to take inches off your hips you could check out lipsuction.

I have NO idea what you are talking back, I feel like you may have looked at several posts and thought they were all mine. NEVER did I say I wanted to be a size 2 and never did I say proper nutrition and cardio were not helpful. I admit I was hoping for some miracle move that targeted the hips but I will just keep up with the elliptical and zumba. No need to attack me in a public forum.

Have a nice day :)
  • Jenners4
    Jenners4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I'm a big hipped girl and I've decided that while I can get them a bit smaller, the rest of my body will become smaller as well and I'll still have biggish hips. IMO, the only way to truly become a small hipped girl is to have different parents who gave you different genetics!! : P

Yup, unfortunately true!

I am pear shaped, am two pounds from goal, and am still pear shaped. No matter how skinny I am, I will always have a butt and hips. However, they are less noticeable and I am no longer self conscious of them. Give it time, when you lose you will lose all over! The best thing you can do for yourself is a nice mix of cardio and strength training.