Help! How do I kick my last 20 pounds!?

Options
My total weight loss that I want to achieve is 67 lbs. I have really shed the first 50 pounds quite quickly and very successfully using MFP and exercising. But, now that I'm about 20 pounds away from my goal I feel like I've just hit a wall. Even this last week I doubled my exercise in hopes of seeing more scale movement at my weekly weigh-in, but nope!

I need some advice and tips on how to kick my last 20 pounds out the door - and quickly! I'm off to Cuba in 6 weeks and I fully intend of wearing a bikini....but I'm going to need to see more big changes!!!

Replies

• TeeTee11
    Options
    try something intense for a month...like p90x. I've seen amazing results (on other people) in just a month. I'm looking forward to trying it as well.
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    cheat a little. i've heard that having a good cheat day where you go over in your calories substantially can kick your metabolism into overdrive and can help you overcome plateaus :smile:

1705046.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • misshenn78
    Options
    I was reading today that you need to reset your goals with your new weight, and your calorie intake will be reset, and help you get through the hump - good luck!!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Are you doing strength training? If not, add it about 3 times per week, giving whatever muscle group you work a day off before working them again to let them repair. Strength training is essential because muscle burns more calories than fat, even while resting. So it raises your BMR (Base metabolic rate). If you already do strength, try switching up your workouts and try something new. If you drink, try cutting out alcohol.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My total weight loss that I want to achieve is 67 lbs. I have really shed the first 50 pounds quite quickly and very successfully using MFP and exercising. But, now that I'm about 20 pounds away from my goal I feel like I've just hit a wall. Even this last week I doubled my exercise in hopes of seeing more scale movement at my weekly weigh-in, but nope!

I need some advice and tips on how to kick my last 20 pounds out the door - and quickly! I'm off to Cuba in 6 weeks and I fully intend of wearing a bikini....but I'm going to need to see more big changes!!!

dude yah i had this problem i had to start weight training and cooking more food than eating out and ill know for sure friday if its working on my weigh in day
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    your body might be getting use to your workouts, it's time to make them HARDER not longer. GL!
  • luefox
    Options
    Do your cardio on an empty stomach or after weight training. This absolutely works for fat burning. Can you kick it up to 2 cardio sessions a day? (The 2nd session really burns fat well).
    Track your fiber and protein intake doggedly and make sure it is HIGH. This will keep you full. It takes more energy for the body to use up proteins than carbs. Cut out sugar from processed foods.
    Eat protein after your work out. Plan your meals around when you exercise so you get the most efficient burn off.
    good luck!
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I to am struggling wth the last few,its harder when u weigh less.I try to keep my heart rate up for my whole cardio workout and add alittle extra pounds to strength training also have cut back on carbs,its moving the scale but slowly.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    The last bit comes off painfully slow. You can expect .8 pounds in a month at times, but you will continue to loose inches. Dont get discouraged your almost there and any loss is a good loss.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    - increase your weight training
    - alternate between HIIT (high intensity interval training) and weights
    zig zag your caloiries

Don't double up on the work outs it will have little to no effect - trust me, I tried this. You need to raise your RMR by incorporating my first two points.

I'm not an expert but am just sharing my experise and the very good advice of my personal trainer (who is truly fabulous by the way lol)

Feel free to message me if you'd like more info.
  • tkroeker
    Options
    - increase your weight training
    - alternate between HIIT (high intensity interval training) and weights
    zig zag your caloiries

Don't double up on the work outs it will have little to no effect - trust me, I tried this. You need to raise your RMR by incorporating my first two points.

I'm not an expert but am just sharing my experise and the very good advice of my personal trainer (who is truly fabulous by the way lol)

Feel free to message me if you'd like more info.

This is a reply to a lot of the feedback here, just wondering...won't increasing my weight training build muscle and therefore increase the number on the scale...yes, even though muscle burns more calories than fat? Thoughts on that?
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It might, but you will look better, feel better, and have a higher metabolism. Why does the number matter?