insanity and not seeing results

xoDDC
xoDDC Posts: 33
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
although i can feel the burn with the insanity i am starting to get very discouraged and feel like i am never going to lose these last 15 pounds i have been doing insanity for almost 3 weeks and taking OEP for 4 days and i have only lost 1 pound anyone else have this problem with insanity could i just be gaining muscle? when do most people start seeing results with the insanity? i have read of people losing up to15 pounds! in the first 30 days.

Replies

• o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Have you taken measurements or body fat?
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Are you using an HRM while doing Insanity? It is really hard and you will add muscle, but even with that my HRM says I am only burning around 400 calories per session ( unless it is an easier session). Are you eating too many calories, assuming that you are burning more?
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Not every one is the same in weight loss, people that lose weight fast are people who usually have a lot to lose. Thinner people lose weight slower. and you have to make sure you are eating your exercise calories too.. The thinner you are the more important it is to do so, or you will start losing your lean muscle instead of fat. and make sure to keep your sodium intake inline too that can also hurt in losing weight.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    that builds muscle like crazy doesnt it?
  • xoDDC
    no i havent :( i keep forgetting to purchase a measuring tape! my husband says my love handles have gone down a little but i dont see it...
  • I am just starting insanity as well, and fear I will not see any results. I am going to stick with insanity but also add other excercises in as well. Muscle burns before the fat does so it can take time, and at times it seems the last pounds you want gone take longer than usual. I am trying to lose at least 10 lbs and tone up.

Good luck

Erica
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    i had the same problem with p90x, i'm on my last week and have lost 23 lbs, my first month i only lost 1 lb, i was not happy about it but i continued and i'm glad i did. i would advise you to continue as well i'm sure by the end of it you will be pleased with your results.
  • xoDDC
    thanks for the tip.how much sodium should i be taking in?
  • xoDDC
    i had the same problem with p90x, i'm on my last week and have lost 23 lbs, my first month i only lost 1 lb, i was not happy about it but i continued and i'm glad i did. i would advise you to continue as well i'm sure by the end of it you will be pleased with your results.

thanks that is awesome to know i plan to stick to it, i can def feel the burn its been 3 weeks and i have been soar every single day since i started INSANITY...it def doesnt compare to running or the elliptical.
  • xoDDC
    Are you using an HRM while doing Insanity? It is really hard and you will add muscle, but even with that my HRM says I am only burning around 400 calories per session ( unless it is an easier session). Are you eating too many calories, assuming that you are burning more?

no, no HRM i am trying to figure out what is a good cheap HRM without a strap around your waist, any suggestions?
  • "Feeling the burn" is a sign of muscle building, not necessarily fat burning. Extended periods of aerobics that keep your heart rate between zone 2-3, with an occasional sprint to zones 4-5 are best for caloric burn.

On a side note, P90X is pretty famous for its rapid anaerobic muscle building techniques (bulky slow twitch muscle). Please keep in mind what you want based on your body sculpting goals (For instance, some women don't wan't wide shoulders and should steer clear of excessive delt exercises).
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    [/quote]

no, no HRM i am trying to figure out what is a good cheap HRM without a strap around your waist, any suggestions?
    [/quote]

No I use a Polar FT7 which I love, but I has a chest strap. I have heard that the straps are more accurate than the watch. It is really very comfortable and unnoticable while I am working out. It really pushes me to keep going during Insanity when I just want to stop for a few seconds!!!
  • So glad you posted this. I started insanity three days ago and its HARD work. I just hope by the end. I would have at least lost half the weight I have planned on loosing
  • I've been doing Insanity and the Asylum for about 1 year now and I've lost a total of 45lbs. It's probably time to switch workouts but I love it. lol. Anyways nice to meet all of you.
This discussion has been closed.