I need inspiring friend:)

Options
Hi Im pretty new and learning how to use the site still, been on for a week and love it so far, all the before and after pics inspire me to want to hit the gym extra hard...I want sum friends that are on a mission to be sexy before summer like me!!! I have 3 main goals to accomplish this year by June 1st, I just started my first goal very late :( last Tuesday 2/2/11, I was suppose to start it in October but lagged so now I have only 10 more days to reach my first goal. My #1 goal out of the 3 was to lose 20 lbs by 2/18/11....see If I started in October like a good girl should of then I probably would have been there already but NOOOOO uuuggghhh I normally wouldnt try to be losing so much soo fast I usually try to lose little by little that way it stays off but this was my first goal and I cant already fail my first goal so I plan to bust butt....I started at 190lbs...I lost 5lbs so far....Have 15 more to lose and only ten days to lose it...lets see if I can reach that goal:) I will make sure to post a before and after picture next Friday before I leave to Vegas:drinker:

Replies

• joyojess
    Options
    Hey im new too :) ive also been putting my weight loss off for months giving myself various excuses. my goal is to lose 28lbs by the beginning of june. yeah thats right like you i have now got a struggle on my hands!!! im going on holiday with friends and determined not to be the fat one! ive put on weight since breaking up with my boyfriend so my self esteem is a little low but now i figure 'hey new year new me'. feeling very positive and focused. loving all the encouragement on offer here as i find not all my friends know how hard it is to lose weight. keep me posted on how your doing, i think you'll do great :) JESS XX
  • jentaylor412
    Options
    Good luck..add me if you like.. today was my 1 week weigh in since i started on the 1st and I lost 11lbs and have not cut anything out except pop. This site is great to help you mange what you eat without taking everything away. Portion control was my problem and that's what I am focused on to lose the weight not what I can and can't have. You can do it just stick with it.
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard...:flowerforyou: I guess we are kinda of in the same boat...i wanna loose at least 10 more in the next 2 weeks and hopefully i'll be able to reach that goal...I started in Jan '11 and have lost 9lbs so far but kinda lost track for a lil over a week now...kinda got bored w/the food :yawn: ...anyways, you can count me in on that challenge...I am going to start my morning workout and have my Zumba game ready at night....lets go..! :laugh:
  • milkywaykay
    Options
    Congratulations on your first five pounds! I'm a little concerned that your 15 lbs in 10 days goal may not be realistic as you mentioned...have you taken the time to be proud of your first 5 lbs? I have lost 40 lbs and over 40 inches but it took 10 MONTHS to do this! Your picture is gorgeous (as is your little guy) and you should be kind to yourself...you will get there! Who cares if you didn't start in October??!! You started now, and you're well on your way to your new self, girl! Keep up the great work, stay active, eat healthy, and have fun in Vegas!! Remember, what happens in Vegas...
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thats true milkywaykay, I should start being more proud of myself when I lose any amount even if its only a little at a time...Im going to keep that in mind...I think smaller goals at a time would get me to my big goal with alot less stress and help me stay determined...Thanks :happy:
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow this was my first post and Im soo happy you all wrote back, It isnt hard for me to workout or to eat healthy but I do find that it is hard for me to stay encouraged to put both together and stay at it all by myself, which Im sure alot of people feel that way, thats why Im really starting to love this site, we are all here to support eachother and give eachother encouragement when one is having a bad day and to also root eachother on when one is doing great...I really appreciate all the kind words and tips and I love hearing about everyones sucess, its soo inspiring...you all seem to have a great outlook on this journey to better selves, I think Im learning to have patience from this site, seeing that other people are not in a rush to drop 30lbs in a month and are making this a life change losing healthy little by little for the long run. You all are very possitive and completely encouraged me today...Thanks for the support and I look forward to being a support to you all on your journey's:heart: