Not Losing :(

Options
I've been exercising for about 3 weeks now and i've only lost 3lbs! I follow my diet plan to the full extent and still the scale doesn't move and if it does move it moves UP!!!! I want to know if anyone else has had this problem and if there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Try adding strength training if you haven't already. I tell everyone this. Muscle burns more than fat, and burns more while resting, too. This raises your base metabolic rate, and is a must in losing fat and maintaining a healthy weight. Try 3 times a week, giving whatever muscle group you work one day off before working them again so they can repair. :) Hope that helps.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    3lb is fine, a pound a week is what you should be aiming, for, you are doing it all right by the sounds of it.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Also, 1 lb a week is the recommended rate of weight loss, so that's actually a good thing. You need to do this the healthy way so it sticks :) Keep it up. :D
  • marybelmontez
    Options
    I had the same issue for a month. Then all of sudden today I lost three pounds. I switched exercises. I included 15 minutes of rowing to work my upper body. I've also started to lift a little bit of weights. I think are bodies get immunized to the same workouts. I guess we have to change it up.
  • etron
    etron Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I haven't been able to lose hardly any weight, despite my dieting and daily exercise. I think I need to do more strength training like the gal before me said. Also, muscle has more mass than fat, so you might be gaining muscle mass in place of the fat cells that are shrinking. Doing plank exercises has really helped me to "feel the burn" so that I know I am making progress...even if the scale isn't helping...
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've been exercising for about 3 weeks now and i've only lost 3lbs! I follow my diet plan to the full extent and still the scale doesn't move and if it does move it moves UP!!!! I want to know if anyone else has had this problem and if there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am in the same boat as you. I finally got into the 230 range and now that I have increased my exercise and strength training I am gaining weight. I stick to my diet and I rarely stray. You are not alone.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    put the scale away. 1 lb a week is what is recommended.
  • DocNorton
    Options
    3lb is fine, a pound a week is what you should be aiming, for, you are doing it all right by the sounds of it.

^^^^^
    This!

3 weeks = 3 lbs - sounds perfect!

Slow and steady loss is less likey to go back on!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    keep it up dont stop you will begin to lose the weight. my first month of p90x i only lost 1 lbs, i've stuck with it and lost 23lbs so far
  • tori2003
    Options
    Thank you all.. And OOPS I meant to put that i've lose 2lbs not 3lbs.. but yes, I'll stick with it.. I used to crash diet and with that there are fast results but it doesn't last long.. I will definitely being adding strength training .. :) glad to know i'm not alone.
  • jashan8534
    Options
    Hello,

I am a holistic health coach and I want to say your doing a great job. You really don't want to loose more than 1 pound a week becuase it's not healthy. I lost 54 pounds took a break and now Im on my way to loosing the last 41. Don't give up. We need to excercise and healthy foods no matter what. Remember too that whatever you are dealing with in your life plays a big part in how your body reacts to fitness and diet changes.

Stay positive! :)
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.. And OOPS I meant to put that i've lose 2lbs not 3lbs.. but yes, I'll stick with it.. I used to crash diet and with that there are fast results but it doesn't last long.. I will definitely being adding strength training .. :) glad to know i'm not alone.

Stick with it, I have been through two periods of not being able to lose and they both lasted a few months, it stops and starts. I am having one right now and I know its so frustrating, I have had a sneaky weigh and think I may have had a good loss this week. It will come, just don't give up.