Weight Loss Measurements

Options
Hi everyone! I have been on MFP for about 3 weeks now and have lost 3lbs. Prior to MFP I lost 30lbs and needed extra help to lose the next 30. My question/frustration is, that I can FEEL and SEE that I look different these last 3 weeks, but my measurements are not reflecting what I'm seeing. Does anyone else feel this way? This may be a silly question, but is there a "good time" to measure yourself? I usually do it after I work out in the evenings. Thanks for any advice or uplifting words! Good luck to everyone on their journey!

~KB

SW: 200
Starting MFP: 170
Current W: 167
Goal W: 145

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Yes, that has happened to me too. I know I'm getting smaller because my clothes are fitting better (if you call falling off better). Yet, when I measure it doesn't seem to be much of a difference and I've lost 30 pounds so far. I'd love to hear what others have to say about this. Maybe I just don't know how to measure. :-)
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Yes i do ,but with the eye one see everything what the scale or tape measure does not show
  • Indimenticabile1
    Options
    My guess is just that you are losing inches EVERYWHERE ... not just in the places you are measuring. So while you may have only lost .2 inches, losing that much over your ENTIRE BODY equals quite a bit of weight while barely reflecting on your individual measurements.

Also, I wouldn't measure after working out - try doing it in the morning after you wake up and before you eat. Some people (me, anyway) swell up or retain water after working out.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have a theory that it takes a while for the fat cells to tighten up once they shrink. It's kind of like a distended balloon or plastic bag - once it's been puffed out it doesn't get as tight as it once was, but after time it tightens a bit. I tend to have big spurts of weight/inches lost that take a few weeks to get to - not really a plateau but definitely stair stepping down!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I know it's frustrating, but it's been 3 weeks. Often that is not long enough to see real measureable change.