Spaghetti Squash from a Good Housekeeping Cook Book

Options
thedestar
thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
I made this last night and it was delicious!!! My husband loved it too, and he's picky! I know a lot of you have had spaghetti squash before, but I just thought I would share this recipe to anyone who wanted to try something new, easy, and yummy!! (And not too bad for you either :))

Ingredients:
1 medium spaghetti squash (2 1/2 lbs), cut lengthwise in half and seeded
3 TBSP butter or margarine
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 can (28 oz) tomatoes, drained and chopped **I just got a can of diced tomatoes**
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place squash cut side down, in jelly-roll pan; pour 1/4 inch water into pan. Bake 45 minutes. Turn squash, cut side up, and bake until very tender, about 15 minutes longer (I have no clue what a jelly-roll pan is, so I just used a glass casserole dish that worked fine)

2. Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet, melt 2 TBSP butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper and cook, stirring, until flavors blend, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.

3. Using two forks, from squash, scrape out pulp in long strands and place on serving platter. Add remaining 1 TBSP butter, remaining 1/4 tsp salt, and remaining 1/8 tsp pepper and toss to mix. Spoon sauce over squash. Serve hot. Makes 6 accompaniment servings.

Each serving: About 127 calories, 2g protein, 16g carbohydrate, 7g total fat (4g saturated), 16mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium.

Enjoy!

Replies

• jennlee80
    Options
    Sounds good! I made spag squash for lunch today. I LOVE IT!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love spaghetti squash.

I just made it last week and put turkey spaghetti sauce on it. It was delicious.

Also, I cut mine in half and cook in the microwave.
  • mlloos
    mlloos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds wonderful, especially with all the snow and just plain cold weather we've had.