sugar and coffee creamer

Options
How bad are they? I am counting them in my food diary. I usually have a 1tsp of each....I really don't like splenda or truvia or any of those. Do you think that the sugar/cream in my coffee is holding me back at all?

Replies

• klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I really like the fat free french vanilla creamer. Once I started using it, I found that I didn't need to add sugar anymore. It really isn't that bad for you, around 24 calories/tbsp.
  • amycrims
    Options
    nope. a colorie is a calorie. if you're already counting it you're fine.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    They're empty calories, so of course they're not the best thing for you. But depending on how much you use, it's negligible. I drink 2 big mugs of coffee most mornings, which adds a total of about 100 extra "crap" calories to my diet. I'm not about to cut them out though. In the grand scheme of things, 100 calories to start my day off happy is a pretty good trade-off to me.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i drink at least 2 cups of coffee a day also, I do use splenda and sugar-free creamer. As long as I am being accountable for it I feel OK about it...I dont think its holding me back any!!!
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just add it in and count for it. I don't like chemical sweeteners or creamers....bleh!
  • Kayte625
    Options
    i say as long as you're accounting for the calories, don't worry about it too much. i couldn't survive without my doctored up coffee in the morning!
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer is my bad thing I allow everyday. I can't live without coffee, so I just add it and deal. Something gotta give and it will never be my creamer! ;)
  • LaCubana9
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I like mine dark and fairly sweet. Growing up on Cuban coffee, it feels sacreligious having coffee without sugar. And artificial sweetners just erk me out! I say if you're counting it in your daily allowance, it should be fine. I guess you gotta ask yourself how important coffee is to you. To me, it's sacred- so hello empty sugar calories!:drinker:
  • amycrims
    Options
    and actually its always better to go for the real deal vs. weird chemicals.