Help

Eve23
Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
:frown: Ok yesterday I got hurt at work. I didn't do to badly till I got home and the pain worsened. I didn't want to cook so hubby called for pizza. Then this morning when I wasn't feeling all that great I skipped breakfast. Then had mac and cheese and now pizza. I realized what I was doing but was a little late on stopping myself from grabbing the comfort foods. :embarassed:

So today I am still hurting and need something that will fill that comfort food craving in but be healthier and easy to prepare. I really am not in to searching for it right at the moment. Any suggestions on some easy meals? My arm and leg are hurting and I don't want to prepare a meal but not in the mood for salad either:grumble:

Hopefully by Monday it will feel better or else a doctor will be in order.

Eve

Replies

• Eve23
    :frown: Ok yesterday I got hurt at work. I didn't do to badly till I got home and the pain worsened. I didn't want to cook so hubby called for pizza. Then this morning when I wasn't feeling all that great I skipped breakfast. Then had mac and cheese and now pizza. I realized what I was doing but was a little late on stopping myself from grabbing the comfort foods. :embarassed:

So today I am still hurting and need something that will fill that comfort food craving in but be healthier and easy to prepare. I really am not in to searching for it right at the moment. Any suggestions on some easy meals? My arm and leg are hurting and I don't want to prepare a meal but not in the mood for salad either:grumble:

Hopefully by Monday it will feel better or else a doctor will be in order.

Eve
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    How about a hearty /healthy soup and a piece of whole grain bread? Chicken tortilla soup works wonders for me!

I usually have some frozen salmon around and that works pretty well with a baked potato and no or low fat sour cream (no butter). Or frozen shrimp tossed with ANYTHING like some brocolli and mushrooms with garlic or teriyaki sauce.

I often make a nice omelet with veggies and low fat cheese and that I find really satisfying - but I love eggs!

Eat smaller portions and try to let it settle in your stomach to give you a chance to feel full before you eat more! Good Luck!:wink:
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    What fills me up is usually soup. Put vegetables and beans(they are carbs so they are more filling) add with water. Add some spice ..pepper, salt, a little bit of oil and something hot like hot sauce and that should be pretty good.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    You just have to use your imagination. Healthy does not necessary mean a salad, it really depends on what you like. If you must have pizza, try making one with a whole wheat tortilla as the crust. Add some tomato sauce on it, low fat mozzarella, veggies and canadian bacon. Bake it on 350 until the cheese is melted. You will have taken care of your pizza craving and eaten healthy.

Soup is very good and low in calories as long as you don't have cream type soups.

Look at all the recipes that all our friends have listed on this site. There must be something that will be comforting to you.
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Hello Eve23...
    Wow, sorry to hear that you were injured. I hope it isn't too bad. I was just about to suggest almost exactly what julieofthewolves did! Must be chicken soup night! Hey, let me know if you need anything, we can always drive down tomorrow and help out if you need it.
    Cowboy
  • Eve23
    Thanks for the ideas everyone. I ended up putting some rice and beans and lite keibasa into the rice cooker for dinner. Its easy and my family will enjoy it.

I love soup too and that really sounds terrific just the prep is a little more than I want right now :happy: