GREAT SITE!!! Need motivational friends I am new here :)

Options
HI ALL!!! My name is Dani! I have chronic pain issues and want to lose weight to feel better physically and emotionally. I want to like myself and feel good about myself. Losing weight is not going to completely accomplish this but it help me get further along on my journey. I weigh 265 right now. I am 25, navy wife, fll time student, and have one daughter. Any motivcation ot tips would greatly be appreciated!!! GOOD LUCK ALL :)

Replies

• LoneStarFan79
    Options
    It's a long slow process, but in the end it is absolutely worth it (I hope). Good luck with your journey.
  • floterry
    floterry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dani, You can do this, I have faith in you. It is not always easy, although the first few days may seem so, but i promise you if you stick with it, and don't focus so much on the number on the scale, but moreso on your health and happiness, it will be totally worth it. Good Luck!
  • jewelsrn
    Options
    Hi Dani
    Good Luck on your journey. I also started my weight loss because of chronic pain issues (amoungst other things) I have been at it since December. You can do it if you stay focused and have great people to keep you motivated.
  • augustus1
    Options
    1. Always like yourself and ALWAYS feel good about yourself!

2. Enjoy the pain, if it doesn't hurt, if your not trembling, if you can still walk when you leave the gym, its not working!

3. You will make progress and will become addicted to the progress!
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    good luck to you.. i am pending knee surgery so this weight lose is going to very important to my recovery..you will love this site..I take comfort in the fact I have a place to turn to when I am feeling like I am struggling..feel free to add me if you like :)
  • dthompson17
    Options
    Good luck to you! We are all right here with you!:smile:
  • candycrossman
    Options
    Welcome! Im new to this site too! I like it! I have used sparkpeople.com ifor a while and really liked it, but some friends recommended this site so I thought I would try it. I work full time, am married and have a 12 yo son, a 10 yo step daughter and 13 month old twins so my life it very busy! Sounds like yours is too! Its hard to work in a workout with all of that, but being a long time dieter and always trying to maintain a decent weight, I know how much better I feel when watching what I eat and working out. Some tips I have learned....workout! Even if its just a little, and you cant do that much, anything helps and you will build your stamina up and being able to do more as time goes on. Always keep track of what you eat, even if you have been bad. Its really helpful to see what your intake has been. Watch shows like biggest loser or the new one thats on A&E called Heavy. they are really motivating and when you can see these obese ppl can do it, you know you CAN too! Good Luck!
  • LindaAnn51
    LindaAnn51 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Dani,
    I am new here too! Good luck with your weight loss and goals!! You can do it!!