i am new here, NICE to meet all of you

Options
Hi, my name is Tim, i am 47, and i need to lose around 170 pounds,, i have a long road ahead,, I hope to meet some nice people here and and gain some super support,,
thank you

Replies

• girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    welcome :)
  • riy_att007
    Options
    Hi Tim, the jorney will be long and hard but you can do it ;p, I am also starting my journey to loose about 80 lbs. I started a couple weeks ago but have had a couple personel issues and am glad to be getting back to work ;p, good job taking the first steps ;p
  • dr1981
    dr1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! The road to losing weight is a challenging one, especially to those of us who've been over weight our entire lives and don't know what it's like to be in shape, more less get there.

But if you're ready to be honest with yourself and are ready for a lifestyle change, those pounds will be coming off sooner than you'll realize!
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place. Log everything, participate and win. Welcome
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello there! welcome aboard and good luck your new journey...we are all here for support!
  • zianiH
    zianiH Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi Tim, welcome on board... u'll find all the info's needed here, just visit the message board more often.

When I first join, I have sooo many questions hanging in my head, then I found the 'search' menu (was new... so...). Now, I'll be searching for all the info I need here at SEARCH, so helpful... been reading the old post alot and I must say that this helps me with my journey for a better life.

You'll be fine...
  • bdgstone1
    Options
    Go for it Tim...
    The frist month..>SUCKS...just truth....but it get SO much easier every month after that...
    SO take it on 30 day chunks...

I started by putting this Lo MED HIGH Glycemic Foods chart on my fridge and it made me conscious of what I was eating

http://www.lose-weight-with-us.com/low-glycemic-food-list.html

When i started on the lo Glycemic foods...I was fuller faster and my portions shrunk fast...

The other ugly truth is there is no way around exercise. Even if its just 20 minutes at 3.0 mpr at a 3% grade on a treadmill. (that's almost a mile) everyday....start slow until you can get to a full 3.0 right off...but do it everyday...I'm up to 3 miles a day up and down hills in my neighborhood.

Those two things got me kick started in the right direction.

Good luck man...YOU CAN DO IT!
  • rhonda1960
    rhonda1960 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is a great site and very motivating. Good Luck.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my awesome brother !!!! I'm so glad you joined this site and you will meet so many great people to help encourage you on the way.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Tim! The hardest part is starting. If you really want to lose weight, you have come to the right place. I want to lose 68 pounds and I am 1/3 of the way to my goal primarily using this site (on iPhone app), a household scale to weigh my portions, and my elliptical trainer. Lean on others on this site for motivation, support, and an occasional kick in the rear. Good luck to you, and remember it gets easier every day.
  • caltenhein01
    Options
    Congratulations on getting started! This site is very helpful and the people are great. Just keep coming back on and you'll be inspired by everyone else. Reading the posts and seeing everyone's goals on the tickers has inspired me. Good luck!