HELP!! I'm freaking out!

Options
Okay so tonight was a friend's birthday and we went to Applebee's to celebrate. I knew we were going beforehand so I tried to plan my calories accordingly. I saved enough to where I had 840 left for dinner and I had the Quesadilla Burger without fries because on here and on Livestrong it says that just the burger is 520 calories. But now I'm finding other articles that say it WAY more than that, and I don't know if I screwed up or not! Does anyone know for sure how many calories it is???

Replies

• poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    http://www.applebees.com/downloads/nutritional_info.html

Quesadilla Burger is 1440 calories for just the burger.
  • SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you this but according to Appleby's themselves it's 1440 cals...

Quick go for a quick jog and you'll be fine!
  • vballer21
    Options
    Yeah, it's 1440 calories. Probably one of the worst things for you on their menu! It's so good though. Just work out harder tomorrow:)
  • floterry
    floterry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yikes! According to Applebees website, it has 1440 calories in it.

Don't sweat it! You can drink extra water, and eat a little less tomorrow. There will be days when you eat stuff that you aren't sure about.

Just don't beat yourself up over it. Just start over. :) You can do it!!
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    yea 1440....

i went over my calories tonight too.

we will both be catching up tomorrow. :noway:
  • bparsont
    Options
    On MFP look up it says 520 calories just for the burger. So this web-site is not that accurate on it's posting of food stuffs...UGH!!!!
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Its 1140 calories according to applesbee's site...http://www.applebees.com/downloads/nutritional_info.html
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    breathe.

the good news:

1. you learned something.
    2. you are becoming aware of your food intake and planning it out in advance.
    3. 500 extra calories is 1/7 of a pound. So really, you just ate enough calories today to maintain, rather than lose.
    4. You have the opportunity to change this right away, at your very next meal. Lesson learned, move on.

It's gonna be OK. No need to "punish" youself with exercise, a quick jog won't burn off 500 calories, but it may give you the impression that exercise is a penalty for overeating. So don't do that to your mindset.
  • kittyb1
    kittyb1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    they are getting the info directly from the Applebee website that has to list its nutritional info. Thats 1440 for just the burger
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    breathe.

the good news:

1. you learned something.
    2. you are becoming aware of your food intake and planning it out in advance.
    3. 500 extra calories is 1/7 of a pound. So really, you just ate enough calories today to maintain, rather than lose.
    4. You have the opportunity to change this right away, at your very next meal. Lesson learned, move on.

It's gonna be OK. No need to "punish" youself with exercise, a quick jog won't burn off 500 calories, but it may give you the impression that exercise is a penalty for overeating. So don't do that to your mindset.

I was going to say this just less eloquently.
    Forgive yourself, you're human. You'll make mistakes.
    Now move on and have a happy life.
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    Where did you find that information? You know, the one where it said the Quesadilla Burger had more than 520 calories? I was curious, so I went to the Applebee's website. Although, the burger did not come up under the "550 or less menu", every google search I've done has it at the 520 calories.

I wouldn't sweat it -- I'm sure if the burger was over the initial caloric intake that you thought it was, it wouldn’t be by much!

No need to be panicky! :smile:

[EDIT] :blushing:

It seems that others have already found the information, but still you didn't go over by all that much. Otherwise, don't sweat it, it was a friends birthday!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    According to my phone application (restaurant calorie counter) The burger alone has 1420 calories.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Its 1140 calories according to applesbee's site...http://www.applebees.com/downloads/nutritional_info.html
    oops 1440 calories.. Its ok just get you some exercise points tomorrow..We have all done this at some point .Well I know I have..
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    you made a mistake, it happens. We have good days and bad....if you have 65 bad days a year...which is like nearly 6 a month....you still have 300 great days!!! right now....you have 1 bad day and a possible 364 great days left! :smile:

Ben.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Where did you find that information? You know, the one where it said the Quesadilla Burger had more than 520 calories? I was curious, so I went to the Applebee's website. Although, the burger did not come up under the "550 or less menu", every google search I've done has it at the 520 calories.

I wouldn't sweat it -- I'm sure if the burger was over the initial caloric intake that you thought it was, it wouldn’t be by much!

No need to be panicky! :smile:

[EDIT] :blushing:

It seems that others have already found the information, but still you didn't go over by all that much. If you feel rather bad about it, you could always just exorcise a little to make yourself feel better. Otherwise, don't sweat it, it was a friends birthday!

I bet that's how much per serving and they say it's "about 3 servings". Places are tricky like that. No biggy. Just take a deep breath and look at it as you just had a tastey meal. You have to indulge sometimes : )
  • chelcscarbrough
    chelcscarbrough Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I am disappointed that I relied on MFP nutritional info and a google search, but I'll just pack in some extra exercise tomorrow. I appreciate all the help and encouragement!
  • zulunery
    Options
    I didn't look it up but I would tell you to let it slide. If you start depriving yourself of everything and beating yourself up for going over your calories one day then you'll soon end up giving up. You can always replace one meal tomorrow with a protein shake and add some time to your workouts, but, to me, it's no big deal.
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    bparsont -

Yes, I've noticed that since MFP allows anyone to add things into the food categories, not all of the food information is accurate. It's always best to double check. Sometimes I'm looking directly at what I'm eating and when I look it up on MFP to log it into my food diary -- it says the direct opposite. :tongue:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I just l;ooked at our database. The one that is 520 calories is a stripped down version, with the ingredients listed. The mayo, ranch, etc. have been withheld. Read the entries carefully, bc people DO alter the way they order so as to save calories.

Example: At Carl's, I order the chicken teriyaki without cheese, mayo, tomato or onion. I also strip off the bottom bun. So the calories for that is under 300. If I left it as-prepared by Carl's, it's WAY higher.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Okay so tonight was a friend's birthday and we went to Applebee's to celebrate. I knew we were going beforehand so I tried to plan my calories accordingly. I saved enough to where I had 840 left for dinner and I had the Quesadilla Burger without fries because on here and on Livestrong it says that just the burger is 520 calories. But now I'm finding other articles that say it WAY more than that, and I don't know if I screwed up or not! Does anyone know for sure how many calories it is???

Yeah Applebee's is just loaded with calories unless you get something from the "Under 550 calorie" menu