bad day

Options
I'm having a bad day emotionally. I'm having a hard time staying out of the fridge. I have always been an emotional eater, eat to celebrate, eat horribly when I'm upset. I need to find a better way to get out of this funk. I know that if I run to the kitchen I will regret it later but it's getting harder and harder - HELP!

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    OK lets chat. I'll keep you busy, since I am just sitting here. Tell me about yourself...what upset you today?
  • icandoityesican
    Options
    Don't feel down ! It could always be worse! You're blessed so cheer up and do what you enjoy maybe even take a walk and look at your surroundings just breathe in the air and enjoy life !
  • SallyGirl523
    Options
    Is there some kind of hobby you enjoy that might help take your mind off of things? Or, on the flip side, journaling might be a good way to get some of your emotions and thoughts out and keep your hands busy so you don't start snacking. Even a nice hot bath, since that would be a good way to treat yourself and maybe help you relax. Hope you get to feeling better!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    You already know the reason why you want to head to that fridge. You are aware of what is going on so you know you are able to stop and focus on something else other than food. My doctor gave me breathing exercises (I have a hard time with stress). Breathe in through your nose with a slow count of 4 - making sure to breath in through your diaphragm not your chest. Hold for a slow count of 7 then release slowly through your mouth for a count of 8. I push the breath completely out at the end and my shoulders drop. I do this for a bit and I can feel the stress leave my body. It's wonderful.

Don't sweat the things you can't change or have no control over. What's the point?
  • lhuber1105
    lhuber1105 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on here long but I have always been an emotional eater--well pretty much an all the time eater. Recently was having a really bad day so instead of running and getting something to eat I worked out. I felt so much better after I worked out, I was proud of myself for not running to food and also the workout made me release alot of what was bothering me and my emotions seemed to heal some too. Just take it one step at a time and think about what you really want---Good Luck!!
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    I'm having a bad day emotionally. I'm having a hard time staying out of the fridge. I have always been an emotional eater, eat to celebrate, eat horribly when I'm upset. I need to find a better way to get out of this funk. I know that if I run to the kitchen I will regret it later but it's getting harder and harder - HELP!

IF YOO FEEL THE NEED TO RUN TO THE FRIDGE THE RUN TO THE FRIDGE............THAN PASS IT OUT THE DOOR AND AROUND THE BLOCK BACK IN AND THEN EAT SOMETHING YOU JUST EARNED IT..... HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL
  • jenndlphn
    jenndlphn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions - I ended up going to the gym and I am doing much better now. I really am loving this site, just because of the support I get when I really need it.