Insanity and C25K HELP!!!!!

EaglesFan521
EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
So I just got Insanity today, and I really want to start right away. I am on Week 8 of C25K, I am training for a 5K that I am running in March. Right now I run for C25K 3-4 times per week and do the bike and wii fit the other 2-3 days a week. So I don't know what to do. Should I do Insanity and just do C25K on the rest day on sunday? or should I finish C25K first? Or for those of you that have done Insanity is it possible that there are like 2 days of the Insanity (besides the rest day) that I would be able to run too? I would appreciate any input you have. Thank you in advance!!!

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    I've never done Insanity, but if I were you I'd finish the 5k first!!!! I did my first and second 5k's last year... so I recommend finishing that before you start something else... but that's just me!

Good luck on your race!!!!!
  • sibach
    sibach Posts: 24
    I don't know much about Insanity, but if I were you, I would finish C25K first. I have tried that program in the past and never finished, due to injuries or schedule changes...I wish I had now...
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Believe it or not Insanity will get you ready for your 5k. It is a highly intensive cardio program. Since you are on week #8 my suggestion would be to finish the c25k training, you have two more weeks. Then start Insanity.
  • Satownsend
    Satownsend Posts: 1 Member
    Eaglesfan426,
    I have insanity and I have completed the c25k as well. I think that you should continue the c25k and begin the insanity workout. In the beginning it may be tough, but you can do it!
    Satownsend
This discussion has been closed.