depo shot vs birth control patch

Options
been on depo shots for a bit, was told after i get under 200 lbs i could start the patches. anyone tried these? how effective, etc....

Replies

• 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    careful, I was on the patch 2 years ago and it ended up being to many hormones for my body. I ended up going to the hospital over it but once I took it off my body regulated back to normal within a month, then I went back to the pill =)
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i really don't know much about the patch, but i stopped being on Depo years ago after having been on it for approx 4 years, i was too worried about the calcium issue since i don't take in a lot of calcium. so that being said, any contraceptive that goes into your blood stream is going to affect you in one way or another, you just neve know until you try it.
    i am on the pill now, and had to try several different brands to find the one that didn't make me feel/act any different than normal...lol.
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    I got pregnant with my 1st after being on the depo shot for 3 yrs.....other than that I loved it. The birth control patch thats a different story I got pregnant with my set of twins on the patch and had a horrible experience...........Like went blind due to a blood clot in my brain and lots of other things......The Dr. said he thought the patch might have been the cause but we don't know 100%. GO FOR THE DEPO its safer. I have heard of so many horror stories of the patch. PS please note birth control is not 100% effective lol.
  • erh2278
    Options
    I did depo and gained 40 lbs. I am sure this wasn't helped by my horrible eating habits at the time. After having my son I got the Mirena; I am now on my second round and I have had NO problems. I love that I don't have to take a pill everyday, I don't have any PMS symptoms and best of all my period is all but gone. I asked the doc if this would hurt my body and he said if you are not trying to have children at the moment there is no need to have one. I have discovered that it really comes down to what works best for you as an individual and I hope you have a doctor that REALLY listens to you and your concerns.