Totally awful day VENT

Options
The last few days have not been the greatest, i feel like i have completely back slid to where i was at before almost.

First of all i am sick with this weird nose cold thing, and i think its from eating too few net cals a day and working out pretty hard 6 days a week and its super freezing outside.

I went to file my husbands taxes today and i knew from the start that we werent going to get anything back because he owes back taxes, but then i started like wishful thinking of what if we got state taxes back at least.... and then i had to pay $150 to have the taxes done in the first place. So im just upset that i just paid $150 to have taxes done and were most likely getting nothing back.
I usually file my own taxes online but this year being the first year we're married and hes deployed i just wasn't too sure of what to do.

And then i'm mad at the whole army healthcare thing. I miss my private insurance where i had the same Dr for FOREVER and he took the time to listen to me and i could bring up 5 different questions in one visit and hed take the time to answer them all or examine me if i thought i had 100 things wrong with me. Thats not the case with the army, you get one appointment for ONE thing wrong with you. Or you have to have everything listed that you want to talk about with the DR when you first make your appointment or else they will just say "well thats not why you're here today so you need to make another appointment if you want to discuss that". Yeah okay i'll make another appointment and have to wait another 2 weeks before i can be seen. its BS.

And then i have no clue how much i really weigh, my scale did say 172 then 168 then jumped to 175 in a matter of a few days(TOMs coming). I don't normally weigh myself but once a week but i just got scale happy i guess. I get weighed at dr today with heavy jeans and big *kitten* ugg boots on keys attached to my pants and a phone in my pocket and the scale says 180......... UGH

I just miss the days of weighing myself in jeans and having it still say 125. :(

And i just ate mcdonalds and now i feel gross. :explode: :sad: :mad: :grumble:

Replies

• Kristyb1010
    Options
    The last few days have not been the greatest, i feel like i have completely back slid to where i was at before almost.

I've been feeling the same way this week. Not that my week has been as bad as yours, but just want to say that I know how you are feeling. We'll get back on track this week & keep the momentum going! Just hope your cold goes away quickly - get some rest!
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl! Hope your week gets better too! :)
  • zulunery
    Options
    I would recommend that you "listen" to your body around "that time" and don't take to heart the fluctuating scale. For me, I can range up to 7 pounds around that time so I've learned not to even look at the scale the week before and the week of. But I always look at it the week after because then it reinforces the work I've been doing.

Also, remember that stress is absolutely horrible for women so try to have a plan to help you alleviate it; exercise, meditation, friends, etc. Good luck and hang in there.
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way this week! Like i just reversed all my hard work. Time to get back on track, I guess haha. Get well soon :flowerforyou:
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Rest Well.

Drink LOTS of water to flush out the McD and the virus.

Love yourself.

Hit the RESET button.

Take "charge" and own it HARD.

That is all ; )
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Try relaxing a bit....drink lots of water and eat soup! Not McDonald's! Go to the store and do a "fun" shopping trip.....get your self an assortment of yummy soups, some salad making stuff, tea and honey are nice in winter time when you have a cold, maybe some crystal light to add to your water (always makes me feel like I am splurging when I have that in my water...so yummy), maybe some 100% juice (Orange juice would help your cold), and VITAMINS! It sounds to me like you are just over-doing it....and your body is trying to tell you that.
    Have you checked your daily nutrients from your diary? Take a look at that and see if you are getting your full dose of vitamins, etc. If not, be sure to supplement with a daily multi-vitamin. I usually always spend the winter sick with one cold after another....but, ....I'm feeling better than ever! I really think it's because of my vitamins.
    And be careful of how much water you are drinking. Water is good, yes...but too much water will flush all the good nutrients out of your body along with the bad. Remember that items like fruit, vegetables, soup, etc contain water....so try to add that in when you are looking at how much water you have taken in for that day.
    Hope this helps a little! Have a better day!
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Try relaxing a bit....drink lots of water and eat soup! Not McDonald's! Go to the store and do a "fun" shopping trip.....get your self an assortment of yummy soups, some salad making stuff, tea and honey are nice in winter time when you have a cold, maybe some crystal light to add to your water (always makes me feel like I am splurging when I have that in my water...so yummy), maybe some 100% juice (Orange juice would help your cold), and VITAMINS! It sounds to me like you are just over-doing it....and your body is trying to tell you that.
    Have you checked your daily nutrients from your diary? Take a look at that and see if you are getting your full dose of vitamins, etc. If not, be sure to supplement with a daily multi-vitamin. I usually always spend the winter sick with one cold after another....but, ....I'm feeling better than ever! I really think it's because of my vitamins.
    And be careful of how much water you are drinking. Water is good, yes...but too much water will flush all the good nutrients out of your body along with the bad. Remember that items like fruit, vegetables, soup, etc contain water....so try to add that in when you are looking at how much water you have taken in for that day.
    Hope this helps a little! Have a better day!

Thanks for the great advice!!

I just tend to go into the deep end when im super stressed/pissed. I think i was over doing it and i wasn't taking my multi vitamin and my additional Vit C. I didn't really think of that when it comes to drinking too much water.

Thank you :)
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Can totally relate to the military healthcare experience/ fileing taxes while husband (currently...okay soon to be XH) was deployed. And McDonalds only makes a bad day worse..gosh it took me a while to learn that..lol! Anyway, hang in there. Leave it all behind today and start fresh tomorrow. Hope you feel better soon :smile: