SBF...9/8

Good morning!
At least it's starting out that way. I got started early this morning with my push ups. My arms are still shaking! Week 5 of the program...126 push ups from plank! Not consecutive, four breaks in between sets.
I woke up with a sore throat. I am hoping it's sinuses or dehydration. Drinking lots and lots of water today!...well, I will be as soon as my arms are stable enough to hold a glass of water. :laugh:
Today is:
push ups- done!
water, water, water!
walking to the park and around the park (letting my son play a bit)
and Shred, probably level 1 since my arms are tired.
I have not lost any weight so my calories are going back down to 1240, which is a pound a week. I also realized that when I lost weight before I was walking a lot more. Maybe that's the key? For me anyway. Since it has cooled off some here in the mornings I am going to start walking at least 3X a week if not more. Maybe none of this other stuff (videos) works as well for me as walking. Dunno. I also got a pilates video at the library, so I will try that out later this week.
I hope you all woke up to a beautiful morning and have a great day of exercise planned! I'll check back in later today to see how you all are doing!
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Good morning!
    At least it's starting out that way. I got started early this morning with my push ups. My arms are still shaking! Week 5 of the program...126 push ups from plank! Not consecutive, four breaks in between sets.
    I woke up with a sore throat. I am hoping it's sinuses or dehydration. Drinking lots and lots of water today!...well, I will be as soon as my arms are stable enough to hold a glass of water. :laugh:
    Today is:
    push ups- done!
    water, water, water!
    walking to the park and around the park (letting my son play a bit)
    and Shred, probably level 1 since my arms are tired.
    I have not lost any weight so my calories are going back down to 1240, which is a pound a week. I also realized that when I lost weight before I was walking a lot more. Maybe that's the key? For me anyway. Since it has cooled off some here in the mornings I am going to start walking at least 3X a week if not more. Maybe none of this other stuff (videos) works as well for me as walking. Dunno. I also got a pilates video at the library, so I will try that out later this week.
    I hope you all woke up to a beautiful morning and have a great day of exercise planned! I'll check back in later today to see how you all are doing!
    Melissa
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Today I just hope to get everything done that I need to. I have a 5hour drive ahead of me. I will be gone for about a week!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Have a good trip, Carrie.

I haven't lost any weight, so I'm back to a pound a week as well - which is 1320 calories without exercise. I'm just going to have to eat smaller meals.

Yesterday I went to the gym to blow off steam. Did elliptical and walk/jog and some extra walking at home. I go get my blood work tomorrow for my physical next week. I was also considering donating blood sometime soon. I'm a hard stick and even if they get a vein, they don't always get enough blood. Luckily, I don't mind needles.

Today is up in the air as we still don't know when the garage will be fixed - so I don't know if I'll make it to yoga. Plan on going to weights though.

Happy workouts!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Carrie, have a safe trip and have fun, but keep us in mind! :wink:

Mary, hang in there. We'll get this weight off somehow. The body has to give some time right? Maybe by adding the calories the last couple of weeks it will have changed our metabolism or something.
    Stinks about your garage door being broken. I hope you get that fixed soon! I have to get blood drawn every six months to check my thyroid. I don't mind the needle too much but it's just a nuisance to go. lol
    I've never given blood volutnarily. Not sure I want to do that. They take enough as it is. :laugh:
  • yoginimary
    I was thinking about giving blood because I don't have periods (type of birth control I'm on), and it is usually recommended for men for this reason. Yeah, I'm altruistic! Today I just read that your body uses 600 calories for every pint of blood you give. Why don't they advertise this during blood drives? I guess they don't want people doing it to lose weight :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    I started out the week rough. :grumble: I blew out a tire on the highway this morning. Luckily my bf was kind enough to come get me and take me the rest of the way to work. I didn't have my tools with me so I couldn't put the donut on. I gave him my credit card and he's out getting a new tire put on and everything and then he'll grab one of my brothers to help him drop it off to me at work. How sweet! Hopefully I'll have it before lunch or else I'm gonna go hungry. :laugh:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hey Everyone!

Worked out for over 2 hours this morning! By some awesome fluke I have the morning off and don't have to be on set until 2pm. I even got to sleep in until 10. What a great day!

As you may or may not know, I'm on a 14 day challenge for the duration of this shoot. Today is Day 4 and I feel great!

Recap of goals for the next 14 days:
    * Burn 500 calories on 5 out of the 14 days (done 4 days already!)
    * Yoga 3 out of the 14 days (need to start this soon -- I'm thinking of trying Mary's 108 sun salutations as well!)
    * Only drink 2 out of the 14 nights (already did this on Saturday night, so no more until the wrap party!)
    * No eating after 8pm (had dinner at 8:30 last night and went over calories, so I need to work on this)

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Today:
    * 75 minutes of weights (eeep!)
    * 30 minutes of cardio (shooting hoops, running up and down the court -- so fun!)
  • Good afternoon ladies. Very nice Monday here. Did Turbo Jam and got my little one off to school. Going out now to finish closing the pool so we can do Soccer pics and hit the playground when he gets home. Logan loves to walk so we decided to take an after dinner walk every night starting tonight. I sleep much better when I'm able to get a walk in.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Hi ladies!

So, today is bikram (although that HRM convo re: heat and calorie burn has me discouraged that I've been over-estimating my calories. . .I've been counting it for 300, which seemed safe (my HRM said 650ish) but now I just don't know.) (oof.) Also, I'm retaining water like crazy, (for weeks now)and nothing seems to budge it. Any ideas? I'm drinking plenty and avoiding salt. . .

On a positive note, I started teaching today and everything went smoothly. Hopefully I'll be able to say the same tomorrow.:tongue:

Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    I was also considering donating blood sometime soon. I'm a hard stick and even if they get a vein, they don't always get enough blood. Luckily, I don't mind needles.

Ditto on this - it's been a while since I've donated and they're doing a drive at work in a couple weeks. I need to check and make sure that my trips abroad this year don't disqualify me. But they ALWAYS have trouble getting my blood - they find the vein just fine (one nurse actually said, "No problem - Ray Charles could hit that vein!" after I warned her), and then when they go to stick me it runs away ("rolls" seems to be the technical term). And once or twice the flow has slowed down partway through and they don't get the full pint. Sigh. I'm trying to do good, really I am! :ohwell:

I am super tired today because of getting called from work last night. I will go to aerobics class after work and put in at least moderate effort, then do my pushup test for the end of week 2. Then maybe start week 3 tomorrow night. Oh yeah, I'm supposed to shred, too... we'll see if I catch my second wind after aerobics.
  • yoginimary
    Hi ladies!

So, today is bikram (although that HRM convo re: heat and calorie burn has me discouraged that I've been over-estimating my calories. . .I've been counting it for 300, which seemed safe (my HRM said 650ish) but now I just don't know.) (oof.) Also, I'm retaining water like crazy, (for weeks now)and nothing seems to budge it. Any ideas? I'm drinking plenty and avoiding salt. . .

On a positive note, I started teaching today and everything went smoothly. Hopefully I'll be able to say the same tomorrow.:tongue:

Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:

How is your "greens" intake? Sometimes asparagus and spinach help.
  • I'm just getting home from work, so I'm off to do Shred Level 2. I hope to fit in a walk after dinner as well.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi all long day, started driving at 7:30 am to take middleschoolers to a play two hours away. Watched Shakespeare's "As you like it" and then drove two hours back. Then drove my regular afternoon run which was another hour. By the time I made it home and got supper I wasn't up for anything else. Tomorrow is the primary and I'm an election official so I can't leave to do anything tomorrow so that leaves the rest of the week in which to get some exercise in. Thursday is a school trip with kids to the fair so I will be walking for most of the day! Yea! Then this weekend I'm am in a motorcyle liscensing class for the whole weekend. We'll see how much I can get done. I'm having a little problem finding time to exercise this week let's hope next week is easier. Have a good night everyone.
  • cp005e
    Proud of myself today - despite being tired, I went to aerobics after work (although I skipped the conditioning part at the end because I'm already doing shred and pushups), went home, did my pushup test (16!), then did shred on level 1 because I was pretty pooped. Thank goodness my husband brought home dinner! Oh yeah, and I took a walk after lunch with a co-worker. Take that, energy! :yawn:

Just need to make sure I get in another glass or two of water here and my vitamin, and I'm calling it a successful day. Weigh-in day tomorrow... :grumble: I have decided that even if I don't have a loss this week, I will stick with the 1lb deficit for one more week - I think I might be retaining water from my TOM (less likely) or from all the shredding (more likely). Having you guys to talk to helps keep me from getting too discouraged! :flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    Oh, Melissa, I also wanted to say - you may be right about the walking. The last big plateau that I hit was when I had been working out pretty hard and finally my knee had had enough. I started eating more, and was limited to pretty much just walking for a few weeks - and that broke my plateau! So I do think that walking is good for fat-burning.
  • Another reason you may not be loosing weight is all those push ups. You may be gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. If so you won't see results on the scale, but you'll def see them in the mirror :laugh: !