Gained weight????

Options
I've been doing this for two and a half weeks—maybe three. I guessed that I weighed 178 and weighed in after the first week to find I weighed 179.2. That was fine, I expected maybe to loose the following week. I'd been working out a lot the first week and then the second week I was sort of sick and could only work out once but watched my calories. I weighed in today and I wieghed 182???

So frustrating. This is a lot of work to not even loose a pound in two and a half weeks.

Replies

• kandicecoulter
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Seeing the scale go up after hard work is really frustrating. But I wouldn't be too worried yet. Might I suggest using measurements instead. You might be surprised the difference you see week to week in your measurements rather than on the scale.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I know I gained this week too. You were sick. Just do your best this week and hang in there. Remember it took a while to put it on.:smile:
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercse calories, getting enough water, and plenty of rest? Not doing those three things can really hinder the weight loss. Exercise calories need to be eaten back to help your body lose. Make sure you are weighing yourself only in the morning, after using the restroom, before eating or drinking, and naked. Preferably after getting a good night's sleep, too. Make sure you are using the same scale and at the same spot on a hard floor. :smile:
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    You should make your diary public - people would be able to give you more useful advice.
  • bambilowry
    bambilowry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! it has happened to me and what usually happens is I lose a bit more the next week. Another thing to consider is that our bodies retain water and that fluctuates everyday. So dont get discouraged, stick with it and you will see results soon ; )
  • laursms44
    laursms44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know how frustrating it can be. I've hit quite a plataeu in my weight loss efforts. It's hard not to lose motivation but even though i'm not seeing the number on the scale go down I'm feeling great, my clothes are fitting better and I definately feel stronger. So just keep on truckin' along and I'm sure that we'll both be seeing positive differences in our near future :)
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You may want to track your sodium if you aren't already. If you're continuely going over in sodium this may be part of the problem.
  • patricia92d
    Options
    u couldve gained muscle
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    kappyblu stated what I would have said. Pay attention to the difference in how your clothes fit. Remember a pound of muscle (that you gained from working out) takes up less space than a pound of fat. The muscle also burns 12 times more calories!
  • djharris27
    Options
    Thanks! Yes, I think it could be a number of those things. I'll stick with it and see what happens next week. I had eaten breakfast and had water when the morning before I hadn't...you're thinkg "duh!" but I assumed from the feel of my clothes I would still show some loss anyway.

Thanks!