Replies

• pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week always on the same day in the morning
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Once a week in the morning after goin potty.
    Knowing your waist measurement is also important.
  • courtneyholt
    Options
    I find that if you weight yourself every few days you just get disapointed. i set myself a weight loss goal for every month so two weeks in I weight myself and if I am more then half then I keep doing what i am doing and if i am less then half then I know I need to increase excersie and decrease my foos intake. Once a week is ok but never more than that
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Ditto....I weigh in once a week even though it is tempting to do more than once a week. I also weigh in the same day and in the morning. In the past if I weigh in to often and at differt times I find my weight changes to often and that makes me very frustrated/stressed. To much frustration/stress equal over eating which defeats the purpose.
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i agree, once a week in the morning.:wink:
  • iluvmine
    iluvmine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    once a week.. i do mine every thursday morning before i go to work.
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have to chime in and agree that once a week, usually morning before you eat is best.
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    In the morning, before you eat, after using the bathroom.

I weigh myself two to three times a week. A lot of people disagree with this practice, but I find for me it keeps me focused and motivated, and also keeps me accountable on a daily basis for the choices I am making,

It all depends on you, and your personality. Weight fluctuates on a daily, and sometimes hourly, basis. If the bouncing numbers don't bother you, weigh more often.

You just have to find what works for you. :flowerforyou:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You should weigh yourself about every week at the same time [preferably in the morning, wearing the same type of clothes] at the most, depending on your daily activity level and daily intake. Water weight fluctuates day to day, so if you easily get discouraged from seeing gains on the scale, you may get discouraged to continue.

Personally, I weigh myself everyday because I like the fluctuations, and they don't bother me. It gives me the creativity to formulate theories and experiments with my intake and output. It's not recommended.

Here's an article that may help.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/97755-tips-speedy-weight-loss/