chicken

Options
i just ate one banquet fried chicken ( breast )...it says on the box 330 cals but when i checked the food data bank it shows 218 cals. ( home cooked version ) with 11 members confirmation...can someone please educate me why the nutritional value in banquet fried chicken is 330 cals. but without any specification as to what piece / part of chicken that has 330 cals.??? thnx:flowerforyou:

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    home cooked version won't be the same. Go with the info on the box.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I agree change it to fit what the box says. I would rather say i have too many calories and be under for real than the other way around.
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree. Go with the info on the box. It's better to be safe than sorry. Some of the info in the database is not always accurate. Some of them say corrected.
  • iluvmine
    iluvmine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    im starting to see a big difference in the calories in food on here.... where do they get their numbers?
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    a lot of the food on here is entered by members!! Most of the food that I eat I enter the info myself or I enter the exact brand and name and if the calories match the box ill use that. There are so many different kinds of chicken and ways of cooking etc. Each person does it differently therefor there are going to be many different calorie options.
  • drosenbauer
    Options
    Plus it differs between chickens.