calorie question?

Options
so if my calorie goal is 1300 and at the end of the day i am either just at it or over, then after my workout it's below, is that how it's supposed to be? just so long as by the end of the night, my calories are under my goal?

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Yup you "earn" calories by working out! Great job keeping under the total for the day!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yep, essentially. But not below so much as AT (or very close to) your goal. Eating enough is as important as not overeating. When you work out, you burn more calories, so your body needs more fuel than usual.
  • dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    MFP has already set you up with a 500 calorie deficit when started which brings you to your daily calories of 1300. They suggest that you eat your calories burned to help fuel your body. This is most important when you are down to your last 10 pounds or so as your body needs the extra calories to fuel you for the day plus your workouts.

I am not eating all of my calories burned as it feels wrong to eat what you were trying to burn and more so because I have 100 to lose. Check out the community posts for an article from MFP on this topic.

Welcome and best of luck!
  • Emmylou852
    Options
    ok, so the goal is to stay to the 1300 even after a workout?
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You got it. 1300 is your NET goal.
  • Emmylou852
    Options
    oh good!!! thanks! now i get it!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You got it. 1300 is your NET goal.

That's exactly it! Once you start seeing results, it all seems to click into place!

Welcome, you can do this!! :)
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ok, so the goal is to stay to the 1300 even after a workout?

If you need to eat the "extra" cals you earn from your workout you can... But if your not hungry then dont... but yes eat a min of 1300 after your workouts...