HRM or BodyBugg

Options
Hello! I need help! Someone suggested a HRM or Bodybugg for accuracy with monitoring calories burned. I really need help since I am not that technical and want to improve my goal of losing weight greatly. Can anyone suggest any type or which product is the best? I know the Bodybugg comes with a 12 month subscription but I need my fitness people to give me some insight? THANKS ALL!

Replies

• likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and LOVE IT!! I am not keen on a bulk on my arm pretty much 24 hours a day.....or having to pay for it to do its job and sync to a computer....there is my opinion :)
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the HRM because it is less expensive and not as technical as the Body Bugg, which is used in conjunction with your computer. An HRM provides a fairly accurate estimate of calories burned, and can give you lots of great data like the intensity of your workouts.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I have both. I wear my bodybugg all day everyday. I have a rough I idea of what I burn for a day....but it's low on my workouts. When I workout I wear both. I have a Polar HRM I use what it says when I list in my exercise log. The bodybugg food log it not easy to use. I log my food here. When you workout... unless you write down the number on your bodybugg you will have no idea what you burned, unlike the HRM.
  • loriefolk
    Options
    I love my basic Sportsline HRM :)
  • jmhunter84
    Options
    HRM It is ! It seems less expensive too. Any suggestions for purchasing? I see that it is a watch, what is the waistband for?
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    the strap contains electrodes that when wetted (tap water is fine) can detect your HR, then it transmits it to your watch wirelessly. the strap is not placed around the waist, but right underneath your breasts (my sports bra usually covers it). i like the polar brand, but buy something like the FT4 or FT7 where you can change the battery yourself. other polar models require you to mail it in and pay shipping and battery charges, and then you're without a HRM for 2-3 weeks.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I really liked the body bugg - BUT it made indentations in my arm that lasted a LONG time. I havent worn it for 6 months and i can still see where it was....
  • jmhunter84
    Options
    Oh NO!!! I saw some cons to it, and with the money you have to pay for it, I am not willing to invest in it!
  • lynh564
    lynh564 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just bought a polar ft40 and a fitbit. The fitbit is similar to the bodybugg but much less expensive. It gets great reviews. I wanted both because I am about to go into maintenance so I really wanted to make sure that I am training in the right heart rate zone for fitmess but also wanted to see my calories burned for the total day.