Lower Ab Workout!

Options
So my lower abs are awful and very fatty. What exercises are good at targeting that area and how often? I don't know if this is an actual term by my friends and I have always called it a "FUPA" and I've got one and it needs to be gone.

Replies

• lauble
    lauble Posts: 47
    Options
    Flutter kicks work your lower abs.
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    bump
  • MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    sorry to break it to yea but you cant spot reduce :( just do lots of cardio! you wont know where they fat will come off either, as your body is the one who choses that, you could lose from your chest,thighs and butt before you could lose from your stomach, all genetics
  • tlussier
    tlussier Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • loriefolk
    Options
    Flutter kicks work your lower abs.

Definitely!
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    sorry to break it to yea but you cant spot reduce :( just do lots of cardio! you wont know where they fat will come off either, as your body is the one who choses that, you could lose from your chest,thighs and butt before you could lose from your stomach, all genetics

So disappointing! I feel like I'm losing it all from my boobs & belly! Belly Great! Boobs..not so much! haha
    Thanks for the info!
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Actually.... you can spot reduce. I'm sitting on my couch getting ready to start a movie, but it is possible, however very very difficult. The short answer is eat insanely clean!

Every one has a different "last spot" where fat hides out. It's your genetics. Mine is my back fat. I can get down to about 8% body fat and yet, still, I have some stubborn fat hanging out there, ready to party.

The answer isn't endless cardio (although of course, you're burning calories during cardio), the answer that no one really wants to hear is NO MORE CHEATING.

No more under-eating
    No more over-eating
    No more too high fat
    No more too low fat
    etc.

All this stuff plays in - you have to get the calories close, but the macros need to be set right as well. There is so much great information out there on which diet will lean you out, read up- study it, pick one and stick there!

I did the low fat diet (40% Protein / 40% Carbs / 20% Fat) and it worked. I would have stayed there forever, but couldn't seem to control my carb cravings due to my B.E.D. coming back to life after more than a year of maintaining 10% bodyfat. After the carb cravings got out of control, I had to find a new answer.

The Anabolic Diet has been that for me. (35% Protein / 5% Carbs / 60% Fat) It beat back my carb cravings and has leaned me out as much as I ever have been.

The idea though - pick one and stick with it and those lower abs will start to show. Crunches aren't the answer. It's actually just about the lowest calorie burner of any exercise ever. (Yes - do them to get stronger to protect your back and core - but don' t do them, thinking that your abs will show.... that's not how it works.)

best of luck to you and hit me up with any questions!!!
    :)

Steve
    KnightFit.com