Aspiring Dietitian

nattyb044
nattyb044 Posts: 11
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if there are other MFP users who are wanting to become Dietitians? I am a student at Eastern Michigan University and thought it would be nice to find others who want to be or are in the field.

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    this has actually been on my mind lately. the more I research, the more I realize how much I love nutrition. I think a being a dietician would be my dream job :)
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    I have a bachelor's in anthropology, and for the longest time thought I wanted my master's with an emphasis in anthro of food and nutrition. Now, however, I have decided to work towards another degree in dietetics. While, i still love anthropology and want to use my B.S., I think becoming an R.D, will open up career fields and allow me to work in schools. I can still use my knowledge of anthropology with the emphasis on food justice, causes for malnutrition (because most unhealthy eaters are malnourished, even those obese), and the politics surrounding food.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Not sure if I will yet but I find myself stuck on fitness websites at my current work so maybe...?
This discussion has been closed.