QuickTrim?

Options
First of all, is it healthy to use diet pills at all? Or is that a no-go? And if it is okay, has anyone had any experiences with the Kim Kardashian QuickTrim pills? My friend told me that her friend tried them and lost weight, but that's just a lot of hearsay so I want to know what you guys think.

Replies

• ricnrac
    ricnrac Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I want to know too!
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    I, personally, would never use pills. They cause more problems than they are worth, similar to prescription pills. I'm sure plenty of people will disagree, but meh.
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I would say no to diet pills. Even if you do happen to lose weight on them, if you don't change your diet and lifestyle, you're going to gain all the weight back when you go off the pills. So since you'll have to change your lifestyle anyway, it's better to do just that without introducing a bunch of potentially harmful chemicals to your body from the pills--they have all kinds of side effects ranging from unpleasant to very unhealthy.

Here's a good article that details a few: http://www.livescience.com/health/081109-sb-diet-pills.html
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I checked reviews on these pills sometime last year and they did not seem too favorable. If I recall, a lot of people were complaining about bad headaches. The ones that seemed to lose weight were also dieting and exercising. If you are going to diet and exercise, you don't need a pill. I wouldn't get them.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    They are loaded with CAFFEINE.
    Caffeine, like nicotine:
    constricts the blood vessels,
    causes a more rapid heart rate
    increases cardiac workload

If you admit to being at least 40 years of age, my cardiologist recommends no more than 1-2 servings of caffeine (coffee or soda) per day.

If you can handle the caffeine, you might be okay but check with your own physician. (you should be under physician's supervision while losing weight anyway).
  • chelcscarbrough
    chelcscarbrough Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I, personally, would never use pills. They cause more problems than they are worth, similar to prescription pills. I'm sure plenty of people will disagree, but meh.

I've always felt similarly about them, but it sparked my curiosity when I heard of someone actually losing weight from them. I just wouldn't want to try them if they're unhealthy or ineffective.
  • newnicole
    Options
    So i tried them.. because i was curious just like you and it didn't work!
    i tried jillians detox pills and it was bad... my stomach hurt and my system got screwed up
    it was supposed to kick start my weight loss but it just really hurt my stomach and affected my eating for the worse
    i wouldn't but... i know that everyone told me not to but you're always going to be curious
  • chelcscarbrough
    Options
    They are loaded with CAFFEINE.
    Caffeine, like nicotine:
    constricts the blood vessels,
    causes a more rapid heart rate
    increases cardiac workload

If you admit to being at least 40 years of age, my cardiologist recommends no more than 1-2 servings of caffeine (coffee or soda) per day.

If you can handle the caffeine, you might be okay but check with your own physician. (you should be under physician's supervision while losing weight anyway).

That alone is enough to turn me off of them. I just recently got over the headaches from cutting out caffeine loaded soft drinks from my diet. No way am I going back to that!
  • chelcscarbrough
    Options
    So i tried them.. because i was curious just like you and it didn't work!
    i tried jillians detox pills and it was bad... my stomach hurt and my system got screwed up
    it was supposed to kick start my weight loss but it just really hurt my stomach and affected my eating for the worse
    i wouldn't but... i know that everyone told me not to but you're always going to be curious

Wow I'm surprised by the jillian pills effects! I saw them in wal mart and was curious about those as well because I figured anything that jillian put her name on would be good but I guess it's just marketing.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Diet pills aren't necessary or terribly good for you. Most of them are full of caffeine which at high levels stresses your body. That type of stress causes your body to release cortisol, which is responsible for the storage of body fat, mainly belly fat. And all they really do is suppress your appetite to make you eat less, which you shouldn't need if you're sicking to your calorie goal. They don't actually make you lose weight, they just give you energy and suppress your appetite, that's all.

If you exercise, eat fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and low fat dairy and drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, you'll lose weight.
  • frisk72682
    frisk72682 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I took those pills for awhile and they did not work. The Kardashians should stick to being eye candy and not try to sell pills...look what happened with their "credit card" idea...fail ha ha ha I am now taking OxyElite which you can find at Vitamanshoppe or GNC, but it's about $15 dollars cheaper on Amazon.com.

OxyElite is an appetite suppressant and thermogenic...meaning it makes you not as hungry and it speeds up your metabolism. It was explained to me that it is a "safer" product than most pills(i.e. Hydroxycut, Lipo 6, both pills I had taken and had good results with). Safer meaning the company doesn't change it's formula as much as Hydroxycut and Lipo 6 do in order to keep up with the FDA.

I'm by NO MEANS anyone who is a dietician or proficient in anything having to do with a professional opinion. I just saw the QuickTrim thing and thought I'd give you my opinion. Of course you're going to get people who say to just eat right and exercise...but in case you want a little more help I'd go with OxyElite...but who knows, different pills work differently for people

: )

By the way...try to ALWAYS drink 2 huge glasses of water before each meal also!! Really fills you up!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Really good info on the most common diet aids:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/241520-my-latest-blog-post-diet-pills

(outside blog, but welllllll worth the read)
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I use xenadrine but only right before i exercise. It gives me the energy to workout. I dont drink them as a regular supplement. I know they can cause bad liver damage if u drink them all the time. I think its mostly like a placebo effect. I think it works because i am used to it. I only drink one pill 30 min before working out. Reg caffeine doesnt work for me which is y i think its the placebo effect. I dunno. Eat healthy and exercise. Make sure
    U read into side effects cause they suck