yummy split pea soup! only 162 cals per cup!

Options
hey everyone :happy: this past 3 weeks i have challenged myself to do a 40 day fruit and veggie fast! today is my 21 day and i decided to make something special for myself! i have been looking and looking for a yummy recipe and i found one and tweaked it a bit.

this split pea soup is seriously awesome! and it's super full-filling!

all you need is:
2 onions- 126 cals
2 cups carrots- 104 cals
4 celery stalks- 8 cals
2 cups dried split peas- 1100 cals
5-8 cups of water (depending how thick you like it)- 0 cals

i grabbed a stir fry pan and fried up the onions, carrots, and celery until they were a little caramelized. then i rinsed the split peas under water. i grabbed a sauce pan and put the peas, stir fry mix, and 6 cups of water into the sauce pan. let it boil then turn the heat down and let it set until the peas are soft. when the peas are soft i put have of the soup into the blender and pureed it. then i mixed the two consistencies together making a chunky creamy blend. (but if you prefer all of it smooth, be my guest) like i said before this is a creation, you can tweak it a bit.

so when i made it i measured out 9 cups of soup.

which means all the calories together = 1458 calories.

1458 / 9 cups = 162 calories per cup!

woo hoo! i was so excited to see that. you'll never feel guilty on a cold day when you need some hot soup to warm your heart. [:
i hope everyone enjoys this and tries it out! because it's SO YUMMY! :love:

Replies

• rebeccajb
    Options
    oh yeah i forgot and if you want to add salt and other spices go right ahead! i add salt and curry powder to mine. it is delicious!
  • Artemis_Blooms
    Options
    This sounds great! I might add a cup of chicken stock for extra flavor. (Pacifico Organic is my thing.) Thanks for sharing! I'm a huge soup fan!!! :D

P.S>

Garlic, I love garlic in almost everything! lol I think I'll make this tomorrow! :)
  • npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love split pea soup-especially all the fiber and protein. I add garlic and sprinkle the top of the soup with paprika and a little drizzled olive oil.