I just found this site ...

Options
Hey everybody! I just stumbled on this site through somebody's ticker on another site, and after looking around I love it. It looks much more user-friendly as far as tracking food than other sites I have used.

I have a life-long history of being overweight, and most of the time obese. I have not been a good dieter ever in the past ... I get bored and quit or start playing head games with it and eventually I am just not doing it any more. I'm at a point in my life (I'll be 50 in 6 months, 2 days) where my weight is really, seriously not just a cosmetic issue any more. I'm tired of this weight stopping me from doing the things I want to do, and I am trying to get my head around the fact that I have a chronic condition: obesity. My DH was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I have a very strong family history of it, so it's only the grace of God that has kept me from having it too. It's time for me to face up to the fact that I cannot eat anything and everything any time I want to, nor can I sit on my backside all day long, either. I guess at almost 50 I need to do some growing up. :ohwell:

Anyway ... I have a tendency to ramble on, so I'll just say that I need a place that is easy to use where I can actually SEE what I am putting into my body and what I am burning off with exercise. This looks like a good place to be, and I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all for some accountability and support!

Replies

• tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I just stumbled on this site through somebody's ticker on another site, and after looking around I love it. It looks much more user-friendly as far as tracking food than other sites I have used.

I have a life-long history of being overweight, and most of the time obese. I have not been a good dieter ever in the past ... I get bored and quit or start playing head games with it and eventually I am just not doing it any more. I'm at a point in my life (I'll be 50 in 6 months, 2 days) where my weight is really, seriously not just a cosmetic issue any more. I'm tired of this weight stopping me from doing the things I want to do, and I am trying to get my head around the fact that I have a chronic condition: obesity. My DH was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I have a very strong family history of it, so it's only the grace of God that has kept me from having it too. It's time for me to face up to the fact that I cannot eat anything and everything any time I want to, nor can I sit on my backside all day long, either. I guess at almost 50 I need to do some growing up. :ohwell:

Anyway ... I have a tendency to ramble on, so I'll just say that I need a place that is easy to use where I can actually SEE what I am putting into my body and what I am burning off with exercise. This looks like a good place to be, and I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all for some accountability and support!
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I found this site this same way. It's a great community of people. You will reach your goals if you do the work and everyone will be here to support you. :heart:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! This site is definitely more user friendly than the other ones i have seen, it is easy to use accurate information and some really great ppl. For me if it is to complicated i am gonna get aggravated and quit. Not the case here. I look forward to coming to this site
    several times a day---addiction maybe?? i think so but it ok cause it is working.
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I think you will succeed with this, everyone is so supportive and it is addictive! Make friends and lose weight the best way, on here :bigsmile:
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile: .

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success :drinker:
  • punka274
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome and Good luck!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, y'all! So far I'm on track for the day! :happy: