Have done everything right and lost nothing this week - v. d

Options
Hi,

Feeling really sorry for myself... Can't seem to get my head around how I lost no weight this week but have followed my cals and exercise plan perfectly.

Any suggestions ? and sorry for the moan

:-(

Replies

• WoolieNC
    WoolieNC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how long have you been at your diet and exercise plan? You may have plateaued if you have been at it a while, which in that case you need to step up your game (exercise) a little to keep it on track.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Your diary is private. It's hard to help you find what you did wrong if we can't see what you ate. :frown:

Are you tracking sodium? Keep it below 2500 a day. Are you drinking all your water, very little caffeine, and no alcohol?
    Did you up your fiber to 25g and reach that every day?

You could be retaining a little water from too much sodium and not drinking enough water. Alcohol stalls weight loss. Not enough fiber could mean you're "backed up" and that can be a few pounds right there.
    Is it almost time for TOM? That can add 3-5 pounds as well, which will fall off once TOM is over....

lots of factors. Anything sound like it might be it?
  • catzybird
    catzybird Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been keeping my food diary/exercise diary for over 4 weeks now. To be honest I don't think I can physically up my exercise any more than I am already doing. Fiber might actually sound like an issue - I will keep a closer eye on my intake and see if that helps - thanks a million for your sound advice - much appreciated :smile:
  • key03
    key03 Posts: 26
    Options
    Don't get disheartened you may have gained some muscle instead, take your measurements as well as weighing yourself :smile:
  • lesleyk26
    lesleyk26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hey hun that happened to me and i worked out that i just wasnt eating enough x
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Many reasons, some of which are out of your control and you just have to keep at it. Others you can make changes...

1. It's your period (or near) and your body holds on to water. (Mine's about to end... on the first day I gained a pound, the next day I gained another... I've stopped weighing myself >.<)
    2. Your body plateaus, it happens. You just keep doing everything right and it will eventually move along again. I can't tell you how many times I've been stuck at a weight.
    3. You might be retaining water from too much sodium; check that you don't have too much.
    4. You might be mis-reporting your food if you estimate your portions. Get a kitchen scale to help with that.
    5. You might be gaining muscle from exercise, which is not a bad thing but muscle does weigh more than fat. When you weigh in, also measure yourself (waist, hip, thigh and calf is what I do). Some weeks I'm stuck or gaining weight but the measurements go down. Then I get to do a happy muscle gain dance.
    6. Weird thing: if you don't get enough water daily, your body will horde water. So to lose the water weight, drink more water.
    7. Weigh yourself at the same time of the day and wear as little clothing as you can stand. When fully dressed for indoor winter weather, I have at least 1 pound of clothing. And as you go through your day, the weight of your food adds 3-5 pounds which will be processed by the next morning.

Keep at it-- it's hard, it's frustrating, it's a pain! That's how you know it's worth doing. =)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    To be honest I don't think I can physically up my exercise any more than I am already doing.

Don't over-exercise... too much can cause your net calories to drop too low, putting you into starvation mode, and your body will hold onto any/all calories!
  • facerme
    Options
    you need to mix it up, excercise should be constantly changing. for instance, if in the gym you do run, cycle then row.... shock your body by doing the cycle first then the row then the run, it just makes your body adapt to throwing different things at it.

Personally in the gym etc, i add shock tactics, ie sprints mid run just to up the heart rate extra. only for like 30-60 seconds, but its additional work :)
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Some weeks are like that, unfortunately. Don't get discouraged, just know that your body reacts to different things at different times. Hormones can affect it as well as all the other things that everyone else has listed. I also have to agree that when exercising you need to make changes. My trainer has me do different things on different days. In other words on Mon, Wed, Fri I work the upper body and on Tues, Thurs, Sat I work the lower body. By doing this it keeps your body shocked instead of it getting into a routine.
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    ditto to all of the above, we do plateau it can last for a few weeks or even a month, so long as its not going back on you should not worry