Options
2»

Replies

• Nekol688
    Options
    Good Luck :)

p.s. I absolutely love Scentsy!!!! :)
  • Hi Jess!
    I don't live in Okinawa, but I use to...my husband is military as well so I can definitely understand what military wives go through. I wish you lots of luck on your journey!
    While I can't actually be in Okinawa, I too need someone who can motivate me...even if you're half a world away.
    Anyway, if you're interested in some cross-continental motivation, let me know.

Happy Wednesday!
    ~elia
  • JessG83
    Options
    Hi There!!

Glad to know we both are in Okinawa!! My hubby is also a Marine. I've used Myfitnesspal about 2 years ago and was able to lose 30 lbs. I did it for one of the reasons you listed (the boudoir photo shoot). Soon after he came back from Iraq, I got pregnant and gained all of it back.
    I decided moving here was going to be a fresh start and I was going to get back on track. Unfortunately, 5 weeks after being here I gained 15 lbs!! All that good japanese food I wanted to try!! (especially Coco's)
    Well I'm over that!
    I've fully committed again and have been losing steadily!!
    I'm a full-time student/full time mom so I can relate to your busy/hectic life but sometimes we owe it to ourselves to make time for us!
    Just know that we are all here for moral support and we are in this together!
    Great to have you as a friend! It's always comforting knowing that there are other people near that are in similar circumstances. I gained even more weight after being here too, but not because of the Japanese food (my kids are entirely too picky & we don't eat off base much). My problem was having a 6 year old who had soccer/basketball practice every tues/thurs night, Girl Scouts weds night, hip hop fri night, & games/Girl Scout functions/hip hop performances on sat! My husband was on the MEU the first 2 years living here so he was gone 90% of the time. It was only me & the kids & there just wasn't time to cook by the time we got home. We wound up eating out at least 5 nights every week! Now that I learned how to use it, my slow cooker has become my new best friend!lol Did you ever get a chance to do your photo shoot before you got pregnant? Do you live on or off base?
  • JessG83
    Options
    Hi Jess!
    I don't live in Okinawa, but I use to...my husband is military as well so I can definitely understand what military wives go through. I wish you lots of luck on your journey!
    While I can't actually be in Okinawa, I too need someone who can motivate me...even if you're half a world away.
    Anyway, if you're interested in some cross-continental motivation, let me know.

Happy Wednesday!
    ~elia
    Thanks so much Elia! I would LOVE some good cross-continental motivation! Distance doesn't matter (unless you're tracking the miles you walk/run!lol). Good luck reaching your goals & thanks for the add :)
  • JessG83
    Options
    Good Luck :)

p.s. I absolutely love Scentsy!!!! :)
    Good luck to you too! We can keep each other on track...dedication, motivation, determination!!! Oh, & I <3 Scentsy too ;)lol
  • giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I most def. did the pictures! I purchased a creative memories mini album and added my own personal touch to them! HE LOVED IT!! He now takes that album with him every time he is away! I know your hubby will ADORE you for it!!
    I actually do so much better when he is away than when he is home for some reason. I think it's because when he is home, we have more junk food and ice cream around the house and I tend not to have self-control :(
    Now I buy my 100 calorie snacks or smart one sundaes while he has his junk! LOL

I live off-base in Awase but hubby is at Courtney. I used to go to Courtney to do my workouts but now that I go to school at Foster, I'm using the Kinect Active 2 and is working pretty good.

I know that it's hard but I know you can do it girly!! I tell myself that all the time! If I did it once, I know I can do it again!!