Beer, but which one????

Options
Hi, this week is my first week of doing this, and unfortunately I have a night out with some old friends this week. I will be having a few beers and wondered which ones were the best for not going over on the calories?? (P.S I am in the UK so Bud Light wont be available)

Replies

• hedgertiger
    hedgertiger Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    coors light - 88 cals per bottle
    becks - 100 cals per bottle

I used to drink Stella - 156 cals per bottle !!
  • Elliebee22
    Options
    Calories in Banks Bitter Pint 170 0.0
    Calories in Best/Premium Bitter Pint 187 0.0
    Calories in Boddingtons Draught Bitter Pint 170 0.0
    Calories in Draught Mild Pint 136 0.0
    Calories in Guinness Draught Pint 210 0.3
    Calories in John Smiths Bitter Pint 170 0.0
    Calories in Low Alcohol Bitter Pint 74 0.0
    Calories in Regular Bitter Pint 170 0.0
    Calories in Trophy Bitter Pint 170 0.0
    Calories in Whitbread Best Bitter Pint 187 0.0

Hope those help :)
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Stella is amazing and still a pretty low calorie beer. (Quality over Quantity!) Haha.
  • hedgertiger
    Options
    Stella is amazing and still a pretty low calorie beer. (Quality over Quantity!) Haha.

I love it (or used to) but I would guzzle 10 easily after football = 1560 cals :-(
    I could have 15 becks for that! ;-)
  • Elliebee22
    Options
    And some more...

Calories in Budweiser Budvar Pint 227 0.0
    Calories in Budweiser Ice Bottle Pint 227 0.0
    Calories in Carling Pint 187 0.0
    Calories in Carling Premier Pint 222 0.0
    Calories in Carling Rock Pint 187 0.0
    Calories in Carlsberg Export Pint 227 0.0
    Calories in Carlsberg Lager Pint 182 0.0
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm a loose cannon on Stella. U can drink most drinks all night, however Stella seems to send me coockoo......... It's my kryptonite!
  • Elliebee22
    Options

I love it (or used to) but I would guzzle 10 easily after football = 1560 cals :-(
    I could have 15 becks for that! ;-)

Yeh and for a pint it's even more at 256 calories.
  • hedgertiger
    Options
    I'm a loose cannon on Stella. U can drink most drinks all night, however Stella seems to send me coockoo......... It's my kryptonite!

haha thats very true. Pints of stella are the worst - a bar I drank in removed draught Stella because it caused fights lol
  • bigskinner
    Options
    lol definately becks or stella or coors light!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Does it absolutely have to be beer? Gin with slimline tonic, or vodka with diet coke would be lighter.

(those are my go-to drinks - not a beer drinker, as a rule!).

You can also try alternating beers with water.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    basically beer over lager wins I normally go for IPA for 180 calories a pint rather than 256 for stella
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I usually stick with Guinness... I love the taste and 210cals per pint is not horrible
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    I went out this past weekend, instead of beer I had 2 shots @ 70 cals each & a diet coke!
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    I was at boxing this morning and happened to get a different trainer than usual. The guy I got is also a dietitian (and former chef). When we were talking about dropping weight around my belly, I mentioned that KI would need to cut back beer.

To my surprise he said that I wouldnt have to cut it out entirely, he said maybe not a carton a weekend but with the right approach he said I could manage a six pack here and there. That it was all about managing the sugar etc and that the body itself could make use of the yeast.

We didnt go into too much detail (he was there to work me not feed me!), however I will probably now book in for a dietitian session with him to find out more.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm only an occasional beer drinker, but it sure seems like one of those Sam Adams bottles in the fridge would be nice one of these days. Just looked, and 190 calories there. Good thing I wasn't drinking that much of it before.
  • luckypenny786
    Options
    I love beer. It's a big downfall of mine, especially when going out with friends, plus my boyfriend brews beer all the time, so there's always new beers to try!

The calories in beer basically come from the sugars in the alcohol, so you can estimate the amount of calories based on the ABV%. This website has a good chart: http://www.simplybeer.com/blog/how-many-calories-are-in-my-beer/

Hope that helps! :-)
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I love beer (I'm Canadian -- duh!) and while I used to more of a "I can drink anyone under the table .... WOOO!" kind of gal and drink my weight in light beer (so it wasn't too high in calories), now I'll choose a really GOOD beer, especially one that I've wanted to try for a while, and will enjoy every single sip and savour the taste instead of downing it and pre-ordering a 2nd while I still had half of the 1st one left (so I wouldn't have to "go thirsty"). Drink water in between and get something that you can truly savour.

If you drink light, you can down a few extra without even thinking about it. A full bodied beer will satisfy you more, and will likely end up being fewer calories because you'll drink less.

There's an old saying. You drink beer because you like the taste. You drink light beer because you like to pee.