Snacks!

Options
I would love some tips on what to munch on when I just need to keep my mouth occupied. I have chewing gum a lot of the time but I would really appreciate more tips for something crunchy. I can't just eat apples all the time!

Replies

• liv1980
    Options
    Carrots. I find that normally helps a lot. Also if you fancy something sweet, freeze some grapes and then you can nibble on them. as they are frozen it will take a while to even eat one which will keep you satisfied :smile:
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    Options
    Carrot batons,and salsa dip! Or cucumber thinly sliced into bitesize sticks!
  • Elliebee22
    Options
    Carrots. I find that normally helps a lot. Also if you fancy something sweet, freeze some grapes and then you can nibble on them. as they are frozen it will take a while to even eat one which will keep you satisfied :smile:

Oo never thought about frozen grapes- might try that one. Thank you! :smile:
  • Elliebee22
    Options
    Carrot batons,and salsa dip! Or cucumber thinly sliced into bitesize sticks!

Yeh cucumber's a good idea especially if I don't fancy something too sweet.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    well, you could always have carrots, celery, almonds, granola, make your own trail mix with healthy items such as raisins, almonds, dried fruits (just be careful they aren't the candied ones). And just eat what ever you chose in moderation.
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    Carrots, cherry tomatoes, breadsticks, salsa, low fat hummus, frozen grapes
  • Elliebee22
    Options
    well, you could always have carrots, celery, almonds, granola, make your own trail mix with healthy items such as raisins, almonds, dried fruits (just be careful they aren't the candied ones). And just eat what ever you chose in moderation.

I love raisins but apparently they have a lot of sugar in them? Any types you would recommend?
  • RichB77
    Options
    Hi,

A small handful of peanuts helps stop my cravings, and the protein doesn't interfere with your blood sugar levels so you shouldn't experience an insulin "crash".
    However, since I have been healthy eating, i've found a new love of cherries, blueberries and grapes.
    I also cook a chicken breast and add spices/seasonings to it, slice it into chunks, and graze on that between meals.
    Hope this is inspiration, keep up the healthy regime ;-)
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I think it is the golden ones or yellow ones that have less sugar, also for a treat you could throw in a few of the yogurt covered ones, I am not exactly sure, but there are low sugar ones, just cant remember the name of them right now.
  • Elliebee22
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions! They've really helped!! :smile:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Freezing Cuties/tangerines can also be a fun snack to eat. It's almost like a natural sorbet. Oh, the things I learned in county lock up.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    If you want some crunch, air-popped popcorn is a low-cal snack!