sag

Options
Ok I am obviously not far wnough into my weightloss yet for it to impact too much, but what i want to know is that as I lose weight what will happen to my beer belly? I am also doing the crunch machine everyday, but will i just end up with a huge flap or will my body naturally shape again?

Replies

• JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I would guess that most of your belly will shrink rather than sag. A) You're still young. B) You aren't losing 100+ pounds.

Just my thought :flowerforyou:
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'd say it probably depends how big you are now .... how long you've been at the current size ... how much you're going to lose - and how quickly you lose it ...

On Jan 1st 2009 - I was 318lb ...... by August 2009 I was 210lb. Apart from a slight "chicken neck" - there wasn't anything particularly noticable in terms of saggy skin. That said, I was 38yrs old with still fairly elastic skin.

Unfortunately - I took my eye off the ball and went back up to 279lb throughout 2010 so I'm back on it again. So far through Jan - I've lost 22lb so again - it's coming off quickly and it'll be a while before I'm back there close to breaking 200 again ....

If you've got any signs of stretch marks / cellulite on your belly - it'll be an indication that you *may* have some loose skin after sufficient weight loss.
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ok ... just read your profile ..... at 275lb - you're significantly lighter than I was and you're younger than me. It sounds like you're doing all the right things too so I'd imagine the weight will probably start to come off quickly in the first couple of weeks...

Cutting out the beer will definitely help .... that single change from drinking daily to just 1 or 2 on a Saturday was probably one of the most significant contibutors to MY initial weight loss !! Alocohol = empty calories :-(

Good luck !!!
  • scotty38886
    scotty38886 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ok ... just read your profile ..... at 275lb - you're significantly lighter than I was and you're younger than me. It sounds like you're doing all the right things too so I'd imagine the weight will probably start to come off quickly in the first couple of weeks...

Cutting out the beer will definitely help .... that single change from drinking daily to just 1 or 2 on a Saturday was probably one of the most significant contibutors to MY initial weight loss !! Alocohol = empty calories :-(

Good luck !!!

thank you for your advice i feel even more motivated now . cheers