At-home workouts

Options
Does anyone know of any websites that offer free at-home work out routines (preferably without the need for lots of equipment) I can follow for days I stay away from the gym?
Thanks!!

Replies

• hardybelle83
    Options
    I have a subscription to FITNESS magazine & they always have routines like that ... I bet they're also available on their website!

Edited to Add .. I looked on their website & they have a TON!! Go to the Workout section @ fitnessmagazine.com
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If you have Verizon, you can do exercise tv, or if you wanna pay for a really fun and effective workout. i HIGHLY recommend Turbo Jam. i lovvvve it soo much! it's serously the best motivator for me!! Cardio Kickboxing with and amazing instructor= great results and confidnence!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • roo71
    roo71 Posts: 8
    Options
    Google search workout videos for free. http://video.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wv
  • peteloafer
    peteloafer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend the Wii console and Wii Fit software - very intuitive and tailored to individual - great value when weather is not fine or warm enough
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I attended a session yesterday at my club about core strength and balance. The hand out they had included tons of exercises they got off the Mayo Clinic website - you might check that out. Self and lots of other magazines have workout plans in them too. Many people here use DVD's and WIi/Kinect games to work out at home.
  • megpiemac12
    Options
    I know it's probably cliche, but I purchased some of the biggest loser DVD's. They are inexpensive and give some good workouts without having much space and equiptment. I have a very small work out area, and I have just started a few weeks ago, but I love the Power Walk. It has started me in the right direction and I feel the burn! Not a big fan of the show. Especially since I was watching last night (while working out) and people were upset loosing 10 pounds in a week!!! That is crazy! I will keep checking though to see if anyone finds some good sites for you. Good Luck!
  • princesshoagie
    princesshoagie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodyrock.tv/

Some of their workouts require equipment, but she has posted numerous times how to rig up your own if you don't have the necessary equipment. For example, a broomstick between two chairs can be a pull up bar.
  • Crazyjro
    Crazyjro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv she is awesome and her workouts are short. there is some equipment that you need in her newer workouts, like a sandbag (i made mine with my husbands drill bag!) but if you look through her older ones there is very little or no equipment at all!
  • erh2278
    Options
    nike training club is a goodie - you can check it out online but it is an app for your phone = always have your routine with you!!!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    If you have comcast on demand, go to sports and fitness on the menu. Tons of free workouts of all kinds. I also recently bought kettlebells and looked up different exercises on you tube and made my own workout.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I know it's probably cliche, but I purchased some of the biggest loser DVD's. They are inexpensive and give some good workouts without having much space and equiptment. I have a very small work out area, and I have just started a few weeks ago, but I love the Power Walk. It has started me in the right direction and I feel the burn! Not a big fan of the show. Especially since I was watching last night (while working out) and people were upset loosing 10 pounds in a week!!! That is crazy! I will keep checking though to see if anyone finds some good sites for you. Good Luck!

I have these too! For such easy to follow videos, they sure do make you sweat! You don't really need any equipment, and they are very fun too!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
  • patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks everyone, I have a ton a resources now
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Turbo Jam is the best, and I just upgraded to Turbo Fire. Awesome workout and definitely well worth the investment!