Hiya from a lurker! :-)

Options
Hi, I'm Bekhi, I've been a member for about a month now, but have been lurking as I mostly use the site from my phone. My main reason for joining is that I have gained 1 and half stone since the birth of my second child (although I didn't gain whilst pregnant, go figuire!) the fat clothes (size 18) are starting to get tight, so I really must do something about it. Having got up to a size 20 after my first I really don't want to go back to that size and I'm not far off, gulp! I ideally would like to go down to a 12/14 as I was at my happiest and most confident at this size. :happy:

Replies

• Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    good luck! if you can be consistent with this site and find friends you will do great! the support here is what helps me through!
  • tiffanygetch
    Options
    Hiya back!

I just started using the boards too- definitely looking for great people to help support me on my progress and goals... and I'm always excited to do the same :)

Are you from the UK? I picked up "hiya" while I was over there... it was so great to see someone else use it!!!
  • bennedeb
    Options
    I can relate. I am a mother of 3 and my weight has not gone in the right direction since baby number 2! I am finding it very difficult to lose weight now. I am a size 16 (getting tight too!!), but I remember when I was a size 12. I would LOVE to see that again! I started going to the gym and attempting to watch what I eat, but it is really hard. I am having a difficult time because I have a big appetite.

I am using a girlfriend of mine as my role-model. She has lost close to 100 pounds in total since I have known her and she looks AWESOME!!!! What an inspiration for us all! She loves this website and told me about it a year ago.....I finally joined last week!! HAHAHA....Anyway, you aren't alone..... Good luck!!!

Deb:flowerforyou:
  • mytwoprinces
    Options
    hiya tiffanygetch, yes I am from the UK. Its an odd saying isn't it, I think its an extremely shortened version of hello you, but don't qoute me.

bennedeb, it is hard isn't it, I've found out that I was just eating too much of the wrong foods, however, since logging on here I seem to be eating more, but better foods. I have found that breakfast has really helped, and I don't reach for the evening snacks as much, as the breakfast sets me up for the rest of the day. I've also found that small things such as changing milk and marge to lower cal alternatives gives you more cals for more filling things or just an extra ginger nut, lol.

Thank you Aimee, and well done on your brilliant weight loss, you've done so well, what an inspiration for new members, good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi,

im also from the uk. i am mum to 4 and will admit i to piled on the pounds after having them..
    I went down to 13 stone before i got pregnant with my youngest and then i shot back up to 15 stone.
    I want to be a size 12 or less if i can manage it (fingers crossed)
    My problem is i hit the 13 stone mark and then i no matter what i do im stuck there.. so i get fed up and give up.
    I have already lost 6lbs so far since joining this site. I have found it a great help to keep track of what i am eating.. I was terrible, only eating 1 meal a day and that was late at night... now i make sure i eat 3 meals a day and drink plenty of water too.

Goodluck with your loss xxxx
  • zanim
    zanim Posts: 3
    Options
    Ive noticed something similar, I gained 8kgs during pregnancy and lost 6kgs over 10 months for my first child and for my second child gained 14kgs and have lost 10kgs so far. My second is 6 months old. So approx. 2 kgs weight gain for each child. I worked out really hard to shift the weight the first time and have been doing the same this time wrong but its just not shifting. I think as you get older you its hard to loss the weight. Stick with it and we'll all try and help each other!
  • MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I am a mother of 3 and my weight has not gone in the right direction since baby number 2! I am finding it very difficult to lose weight now. I am a size 16 (getting tight too!!), but I remember when I was a size 12. I would LOVE to see that again! I started going to the gym and attempting to watch what I eat, but it is really hard. I am having a difficult time because I have a big appetite.

I am using a girlfriend of mine as my role-model. She has lost close to 100 pounds in total since I have known her and she looks AWESOME!!!! What an inspiration for us all! She loves this website and told me about it a year ago.....I finally joined last week!! HAHAHA....Anyway, you aren't alone..... Good luck!!!

Deb:flowerforyou:

<3 XO- :)
    I find that if I pack my protein with a wad of baby spinach and a half of a plum tomato it just makes my 2 ounces of turkey and half of whole wheat pita seem huge. I find that eating oatmeal and egg whites in the morning keep me more satisfied throughout the day also.. I had a HUGE appetite too.. I could eat as much a my husband if not more at times.. You will get used to it!!