Bad Morning

Options
I ate so much food this morning because I was upset that I only have 32 calories for the day. I need a ton of motivation. I lost 40 pounds before I started this program. I just signed up yesterday because I need to get back on track. Has anyone else had a day like this before and what did you do to remedy it or get through the day without eating worse.

Thanks,
Amanda

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    1) Exercise a little today to give yourself more calories
    2) take a mulligan.... tomorrow will be better, and one day won't make your life blow up. Forgive yourself and move on.
    3) drink water.... and 1 and 2.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Definitely try to fit in some exercise today and work on making better choices throughout your day! Try to use exercise to your advantage when you are upset! Its such a great stress reliever!!!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the count today, but don't eat anymore junk or over eat. Eat healthy and drink plenty of water the rest of the day. Tomorrow go back to counting.
  • oldscratch
    Options
    2) take a mulligan.... tomorrow will be better, and one day won't make your life blow up. Forgive yourself and move on.

well said!!
  • Lulu2929
    Options
    Exercise, water remember that just because you blew one meal doesn't mean you have to blow the rest of the day.
    It is after all ONE meal and we didn't get fat by ONE meal.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Try to get some exercise in. Even if it's just walking. eat veggies and fruit for the rest of the day and drink plenty of water. One day isn't the end of the world! I've also had days like this! Just look at last Sunday for me! I ate a cheese danish and a 4 cheese souffle for breakfast! Not the end of the world just a little bump!
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I say pick yourself up and don't beat yourself up about it. What's done is done. Try to get some some exercise today and know that tomorrow will be better! It's only one day. As long as you don't have them everyday you should be fine!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    You have done it, it's undo-able, move on and do better. Get up and get moving! Face what ever upset you so much, and remember food is not the cure. ((((Amanda))))
  • lisaloo85
    Options
    I did horrible yesterday; my dinner alone was 1500 calories since we went out to eat at Old Chicago! (btw they don't have ANY low calorie options on their menu). But I just forgive myself and vow to make todday better. So just do the best you can do today and then start over tomarrow!
    And I agree with all the above! Also, DON'T starve yourself today to make up for it. I know alot of people that would do that and that certainly wont help!
    Good luck to you!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    "I only have 32 calories for the day" What did you mean by this? Sorry just a little confused on that one! Don't beat yourself up over it, so you had a slip up, you have done so well losing those 40 pounds so far! Just refocus and keep moving forward. One meal, or even one day is not going to totally shatter your healthy eating plan and all is not lost. Try not to continue over eating though throughout the day just because your morning was bad. Eat when you are truly hungry and move on. Just remember how far you have come and much you want to succeed, never lose sight of the big picture. Think about how good you feel and how much better you look from what you have accomplished thus far. Forgive yourself, let it go and keep on keeping on, one day at a time! You got this! You can do it!

Denise
  • mbrownks77
    Options

Agreed!
  • aspahr11610
    Options
    Thanks everyone!