Music to Sweat To

Options
Hello All!
I'm on the hunt for new music to run and sweat to! I'm getting tired of my same old play lists-

Can anyone suggest any great songs? What gets you moving on a slow day? What pushes you to the end on a hard workout?

I'd love to hear from everyone! I love pretty much all music, so I'm open to anything!
Have a great day!!!

Replies

• ranovr
    Options
    Party Hard by Andrew W.K
    Technologic by Daft Punk

I have either song set to play once at the beginning of my routine and then which ever play at the middle to keep me pumped. I'm not sure why but they just get me motivated.
  • Jenn3073
    Jenn3073 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I download pod casts from Pod Runner. They are free, and are categorized by beats per minute which is a great way to keep pace while working out. I believe they range from 130 beats per minute to 180.
  • kwgatlin
    Options
    Black Eyed Peas is great music to work out to. Break Even - The Script, Another One Bites The Dust - Queen are other favorites of mine!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Daisy Dukes by 69 boys
    Who's that chick...Rhianna
    The Time(The Dirty Bit).....Black Eyed Peas
    Flexin.....Shop Boyz
    ying yang twins...pit bull
    Not myself tonight......Christiana Aguilera
    Move Drop shake...Pit Bull
    Like a G6....Far East Movement
    How low can you go....ludacris
    Get outta your mind.....Lil jon ft
    Club Love.....The cateracs
    Check it out......will.i.am ft
    Club can't handle me.......Flo-Rida
    Body Bounce......Mr. International-Kardinal Official
    Bionic...Christina Argulirea
    Bottoms up....Trey Songz
    Buzzin....Mann Ft. 50 cent
    Check it out....Will. i. am Ft
    Club can't handle me.....Flo-rida FT David Guetta
    lollipop...lil Wayne

These are songs from my playlist... I'm always looking for new ones as well. Hope this helps!

Denise
  • Myndmelt
    Myndmelt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Probably wouldn't be popular with too many of you but when I used to use my Nike +Ipod for walking my 'Powersong" for finishing strong is the song Perseverance by Hatebreed. Which is a really heavy song (metal) but man, its good!
  • Remember The Name- Fort Minor

Riot Maker- Tech N9ne

Someday- Flipsyde

They're not really my type of music- I like country. But country doesn't exactly get you motivated to work out! The lyrics are really inspirational in Someday and Remember The Name, but Riot Maker... I just like the tempo for working out.
    They aren't exaclty.. appropiate. They have a lot of curse words in them, I don't know if you'd mind or not.

Oh and Blame It All On Tom-Brokencyde

It's.. quite vile. Like..

"Man, this B/tch is fat, she'll totally squash my tiny as&."

It motivates me at least!:smile:
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Probably wouldn't be popular with too many of you but when I used to use my Nike +Ipod for walking my 'Powersong" for finishing strong is the song Perseverance by Hatebreed. Which is a really heavy song (metal) but man, its good!

Yeah, I like my music a little angrier than what's on the list! Godsmack and Distrubed get me pumped to run. When I wanna dance, Foo Fighters (who aren't really angry, but it's not BEP), Stone Temple Pilots, some of Audioslave/Soundgarden's songs work, NIN and especially RATM are my go-tos. Depending on your age, I find that music from when I was growing up gets me pumped too (so while I don't like it, I will dance to Bon Jovi). Something about nostaglia or something!

The kids might not dance to rock n' roll, but I do! (Sam Roberts reference for the Canadians reading).