valentine's day ideas

Options
With Valentine's day fast approaching, what is the coolest or most unique thing you have done or got for your special valentine? Please keep answers clean.

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I think you may be inviting trouble.....:blushing:

The tastiest gift was dried apricots half dipped in chocolate.....but I made them and gave them to my grandparents and mom several years ago.

My husband made a card for me 21 years ago....that was sweet.... That's pretty much been it for Valentines gifts that meet your criteria until my kids started cutting out paper hearts...
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not married anymore, but my husband braided my hair. It was very nice and intimate. I had wooden beads and it actually looked really cute. All these braids all over my hair while I sat between his legs. I often braided his hair, but he decided to braid mine on V-day. It was probably the most intimate act that I've ever experienced!
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    my son makes handmade valentines for his sweetheart. he is quite a talented artist tho. I wrote a poem for someone once using the alphabet. A is for The Amazing way.... B is for your Big blue eyes. For X I used the x in eXciting.
  • losingnow
    Options
    abyt42 Not trying to invite trouble :) That is why I asked to keep answers clean. Just thought some of us might need some ideas. It seems like every year I buy my husband a movie, popcorn, and pop and we watch a movie together. Just wanted something new to get him but can't think of anything. Everything in the stores is so commercialized. But like I said I want clean ideas.
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    About 9 years ago, I sent our daughter to my moms and I surprised my hubby with a candlelight picinic on the living room floor. Everything was set up when he got home. We had shrimp cocktails in the tall glasses, then lobster and steak. At the time, I worked as a manager of a meat department so I had a round Steak cut into a heart for us to share. It was a really great night. :)