Being kinder to my body

biellas
biellas Posts: 39
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm Jo. I've never been very interested in sports or exercise and I've never tried very hard to find something I enjoyed doing. I moved out to the suburbs two years ago and quit smoking a year ago. Since then, I've put on 35 pounds and no longer feel comfortable in my own body. I'm here because I want a long term plan for a healthier life instead of a quick fix weight loss. I finally started exercising regularly in January 2011 and was amazed how good it feels now that I'm not smoking. I would like to lose the weight I've put on and find a sport that will help me stay active.

Starting to exercise was easier then changing what I eat. I will definitely need help in my food choices because I've never been a big fan of cooking. Trying to make healthy food choices and meal planning stresses me out so I would love to get tips and ideas.

I've found that easing myself into new things has worked best for me in the long run which is why my motto is "gentle exposure to healthy new habits." I am truly happy to be here and ready to change my life. I'm looking for supportive friends so please feel free to friend me.

4411442.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Hi Jo and welcome from a fellow Canadian!

You seem to have a great plan in place and the right attitude.

MFP is a wonderful place full of knowledgable and supportive people.

My suggestion is try lots of different activities/exercises until you find a few that you really enjoy to keep it interesting.

At my house we do a weekly menu plan before we go grocery shopping and are always trying new recipes or finding ways to make old favourites healthier.

All the best.

Karen in Ottawa
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    I am not a sports person either.I find that for excercise I like to do lots of different thins or I get bored. Frisbee, walking, dvds, and an eliptical trainer all work for me
  • My advice to someone who doesnt play sports or have that crazy workout attituted is to start slow. Move for 30 minues a day(cardio). Then if you want to try someon kind of diet work your way to that. The biggest mistake people can make is that they rush into a "quick" diet and workout routine and get burned out quickly only to realize that they just gained theire wieght back.

Its about changed your lifestyle one step at a time so your mind and body can get adjusted to your new ways.

Good luck you have thousands of people here for you.
This discussion has been closed.