Hurt & SOO sure MFP IS the way!!

Options
This is kind of bloggish, yet a HUGE appreciation for my true support on this site :):

I am currently doing WW and have had little success with it. To make the long story short, since I haven't been losing, I have come back to MFP to do a more calculated intake of my day as well as WW. Well, from now on it will ONLY be MFP! Since being on MFP, I started wondering if WW was the most efficient way of weight loss if one has a true desire to get to their goal weight. Well, I started a message board discussion on the topic, simply asking, "Does anyone think WW has excessive points, considering they allow you to "cheat" weekly? Wouldn't that hinder one's weight loss?" Any my gosh, it went from that to girl's calling me Fing rude, made fun of my last name, and basically questioning my intelligence. I was HIGHLY offended and made their answers a huge key to my final decision that WW is NOT for me!!
Thank you MFP friends for being truly supportive!

Replies

• juberry
    juberry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Plus...MFP is free! You set your calories and goals. I know WW works for some people but MFP is like going to a meeting every day and it's easy and quick and the price is right :) BUT it's up to each of us to put in the food and exercise work. So go get 'em and exceed your expectations!
  • smarie62
    Options
    I'm sorry that other people could not simply give their opinion without being rude and mean. That seems to be the way of the world today, and I for one do not like it. One can disagree without being disagreeable. I'm also sorry that your feelings were hurt, even though it wasn't me who did it. Here's a hug, you are on the right path, and I wish you much success in your weight loss.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    That is so horible!! Thats to bad they treated you like that!!! Glad your sticking to MFP. I've tried weight watchers and I just don't think there program is best for everyone!! It wasn't for me!! :wink:
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Wow that's so awful. Glad you're on MFP and wish you nothing but success :smile:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Plus...MFP is free! You set your calories and goals. I know WW works for some people but MFP is like going to a meeting every day and it's easy and quick and the price is right :) BUT it's up to each of us to put in the food and exercise work. So go get 'em and exceed your expectations!

Well said! This site holds us all accountable with support and motivation.

Prove them (and yourself) wrong! You can do this! When you feel like you can't, we're here to help!