Here comes the Bride :)

Options
OK, all you soon to be brides and all you former brides what are you best tips for staying in shape before the big day. My wedding is 11/3/11 but I want to be trim and toned. Nothing like getting a head start. :smile:

Replies

• jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! Love fall weddings...the colors are just beautiful!
    I got married this past June and was using MFP up until the date and it helped a whole lot! Little tips that helped me...I tracked everything...I had 10lbs I wanted to get off and this site helped me a whole lot. I also did something active every day to just keep that metabolism up! And my other tip (might find it silly but worked for me)...I have a desk job...and I printed out little pictures of wedding dresses and motivating pictures and put them on my computer screen at work so that I saw that every day!
  • nmcameron11
    Options
    Vegas is soooooo much fun!!! Have you been before?
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 11/3/01 is my anniversary..wow 10 yrs this year.......lol

Anyway, I hope your day is just as beautiful as ours was! Perfect Fall Day!
  • nmcameron11
    Options
    Thanks hun!!! 11/3/1 is gonna be a good day! Congrats to 10yrs :smile:
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. It's definitely never too soon to start working on your wedding day goal look! I'm also engaged and last year it seemed like I had forever. Now it's less than four months away, Yay! But I'd say keep pictures or a chart around like someone suggested. Set clear goals and dates on a calendar. Join a group here on MFP that does weekly weigh ins to help you stay accountable. Congratulations again, your day will be here before you know it!
  • dhill_84
    dhill_84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

I calculated how much I wanted to lose by the wedding and divided it by the number of weeks. Now I know how much I need to lose each week.

I have lots to lose but I have pictures of smaller dresses on my fridge and cuboards...my fiance thinks im nuts!!

Good luck!
  • nmcameron11
    Options
    Thanks soooo much!! Def. soo exciting!! Great tips!! Keep the movitivation coming! :)
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I just got engaged a couple of weeks ago and our wedding is July 23rd! Not much time to lose weight so I'm going to have be very strict with myself.
    I've given myself mini goals along the way, like my shower is going to be in April so I want to have lost 30lbs by then. My first goal is to be under 240 by my fiances birthday on the 23rd of this month, 5 lbs to go to meet that one!
    I think little smaller goals are key when you have a lot to lose,I want to lose 60lbs by my wedding!