Gahh! I need a swift kick in the pants!

Options
I lost 2 lbs a week the month of Jan. for a total of 8 lbs. I was stoked and feeling good. I'm now starting to slip. I can go into a restaurant and order something light...no biggie. I stay on track while at work. But when sweets are brought into the house (not by me) I.can't.stop..

I've put on 1.5 lbs and don't want to continue. Once I start I can't stop. I also seem to want to eat after my boys and I need to just be throwing it in the trash. :mad:

Someone help me reset my brain. I have so much to look forward to this year and want to be healthy..

Lona

Replies

• embym
    embym Posts: 65
    Options
    I totally understand, I'm going through the exact same thing! Let's make today the start and maybe force ourselves to check in at the end of the day so that we'll be embarrassed if we screwed up. I feel that one really good day could get us back on track!
  • bjmk19047
    Options
    Here's your kick! :wink:
  • DayAtATime
    Options
    I totally understand about the sugar thing. I also have trouble stopping once I start. Time after time I think I am going to only eat one piece of chocolate or one cookie and then I eat more. So, I finally learned that it is best not to even have the first one as it always leads to another. I really pick and choose when I am going to have sugar and leave it alone the rest of the time. It is not your friend!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: K I C K ! :laugh:
    (hope that helps)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    big ole kick coming your way---ouch!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    *THWAK!*

I assume you're logging in those little indulgences, yes? It might help to know exactly how much you're putting into your calorie intake and see it diminish very fast might keep you motivated. If it doesn't, then don't even pick up one of those sweets.

Obviously, no one's making you touch those sweets. If you allow yourself to be liberally complacent with [tracking] your calories, most likely you'll allow yourself to be liberally complacent with what you eat. If you want it bad enough, nothing should stop you. Not even yourself.
  • adorablechaos
    adorablechaos Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kicks!! It seems to be later in the evening when I'm eating too much and I'm not logging the calories..because I just don't want to know. That will stop today..
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kicks!! It seems to be later in the evening when I'm eating too much and I'm not logging the calories..because I just don't want to know. That will stop today..

Ah. I figured that was the case. Knowledge and experience = wisdom. There's no such thing as bad knowledge. Choosing not to know something is a voluntary human error. No one is excusable.

As I posted in another thread regarding eating indulgences, "Eat it. Enjoy it. Love it. Log it. Lose it. In that order."
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you want it bad enough, nothing should stop you. Not even yourself.

I needed that. Thanks.