I'm new - Day 1

Options
Hello Everyone!

I'm Lelee...joined MFP in hopes to lose some weight before spring/summer. My goal is to initially lose 10lbs, but 15 would be better! Baby steps. :)

I consider myself pretty active when it comes to exercise...I do cardio or run 4-5 times/week. I love running and have done a few 5K's and two 1/2 marathons...you would think losing weight would come easy for me, right? Wrong. :(

I think it's definitely my diet and the way I eat. Although I think I eat pretty healthy for the most part, I don't know how to manage my portions. Hopefully this will help.

Glad to be here! :)

Replies

• crebbe
    crebbe Posts: 18
    Options
    Congrats on joining!
  • SRQTim
    Options
    welcome, and good luck! :)
  • brity77
    Options
    Hi Leelee! I know what you are going through. I have always worked out a ton but have had such a hard time losing weight recently. I finally came to terms with my eating habits and realized that I didn't know that this little thing called "portion control" was. Since I recognized my eating habits, I have started to measure my food over the past month and it has been great. It's a pain to measure EVERYTHING at first, but eventually it just becomes a habit. It's amazing to see just how little 1/2 cup (or whatever it may be) really is, compared to what I was piling on my plate before. You can do it! Just believe in yourself :)
  • courtneyholt
    Options
    Welcome, I hear the last 10 pounds are the hardest and since thats all your aiming for you might have your work cut out for you. For me i haven't increased my excersise by much, I have an active job, however my food habitats have changed alot. I believe by drinking alot more water and changing what I eat has really helped me shed 34 pounds so far
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    welcome... and my story is much the same... I only wanted to lose about 10 to 15 pounds and I knew it was my diet cause I work out a lot...so I changed my diet and then it happened. i went past my goal...hope your journey is a great experience
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome. i am also wanting to lose 15 pounds, 6 down. i exercised more, but i noticed my portions were not good, and i started losing weight because of this site. it showed me what i was eating and how my portions were messing up my diet. good luck to you
  • southpark
    Options
    I know the feeling, i tried portion size i tried pills but i finally found that counting my calories and not going over 1200 calories worked great for me and i have been shredding pounds since i started the calorie count 2 weeks ago, and i dont eat nothing heavy after 5 i will drink water and apples and more apples and thats it. well good luck i hope you find something that works for you
  • DenaFrazier
    Options
    Welcome, glad that your getting started, this program has helped me more than anything that I have tried... it makes me be more cautions of what I am eating.... I have lost 10 pounds since Jan, I hope to continue and change my way of doing things. My husband and friends have joined also and that helps motovate me.
  • lelee17
    lelee17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all SOOO much for your support and comments. Feels good to know that others are going thru the same battles I'm going thru. You ALL rock! :wink: