Trouble on weekends

Options
In general, I've been doing a great job of sticking to my calorie range during the week, but I've been basically negating my progress by eating way too many calories over the weekend. I think part of it is that I work an 8-5 job, and I'm good at tracking my calories while at work, and also good at taking a few minutes out of each work day to plan the rest of the calories I'm going to eat for the rest of the day. However, over the weekend, my willpower dwindles and I do a horrible job of tracking/planning my food. I usually designate Friday as a "cheat" day, but that almost always spills into Saturday, and sometimes Sunday as well. I'd like to make it so that I only have Friday as a "cheat" day, but I'm having a lot of trouble not overeating on Saturday and Sundays as well.

Does anybody else have this problem? What do you do to stay motivated on weekends?

Replies

• cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    plan your meals for the weekend whilst at work on friday maybe x
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    plan your meals for the weekend whilst at work on friday maybe x

Exactly.

I have to be very mindful and plan what I eat otherwise I'd go totally overboard at the weekend.
  • youngronin
    Options
    Treat Friday-Sunday like every other day. Instead of doing an entire 'cheat' day, just try doing a cheat 'meal'. Eat what you would normally eat for breakfast and dinner and for lunch spoil yourself. That way you don't fall too far out of balance......just a thought!!
  • derbygirl90
    Options
    Rather than having a cheat day - I have maybe two cheat meals for the whole week. It's too easy to get carried away for a while day. (Although this never works for me during football season - that's when I allow Sundays to be the cheat day.)

I also find that I overeat when I am relaxing at home. So I try to stay busy by running errands, going to the park, painting my nails, folding laundry while watching TV, avoiding the kitchen in general is good......When keeping busy I think about food less.
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Treat Friday-Sunday like every other day. Instead of doing an entire 'cheat' day, just try doing a cheat 'meal'. Eat what you would normally eat for breakfast and dinner and for lunch spoil yourself. That way you don't fall too far out of balance......just a thought!!

Thats a great Idea I actually did this on my b-day a couple days ago, you work out and eat healthy all week, the last thing you wanna do is have a whole cheat day cuz then you feel like your just starting all over the next week trying to make up for your cheat day, so what I did was eat extra healthy all day then even went to the gym for 45min a couple hrs before my bday dinner with the family, then once I had my shrimp scampi pasta from BJ's I didnt feel so bad eating it, I was able to enjoy it to its fullest and I didnt feel guilty the next day when I woke up, which feeling guilty makes it hard for people to get back on track the next day. I think this is a great tip that another member mentioned to me i tried it and it worked to keep me on track, definately try this when in need instead of a whole cheat day.:happy: