I'm New : Hello Everyone

Options
Hello everyone! I'm very excited to start and try something new on weight loss. I just recently under went surgery on my foot and after gaining more weight than I had like to and feeling very down and depressed about it......I'm finally able to be able to workout and start the track on losing the weight before my big wedding day in July.
I'm not very good at keeping track of calories so I'm hoping this website will help me keep track of calories, protein, workouts everything. I've tried writing everything I ate and drank down in a journal but it just didn't help...I ended up gaining more and more weight.
If anyone has great healthy reciepes for dinner, lunch and some great workouts to try I would love to hear about them. :smile:

Thank you for any advice
Amanda

Replies

• ddmcclore
    Options
    Welcome, I also join today
  • Reka2011
    Reka2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I have received a lot of suggestions on here in regards to workouts and recipes. Try skinnytaste.com for recipes and maybe exercise.tv for some work outs. These were suggested by some members on here and I have found them to be useful! Enjoy! Fee free to add me as we need all the support we can get! Blessings on your journey ahead!
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Well hello there and welcome! I also have a hard time counting calories but using this site has totally changed the way i eat!! i eat smaller more frequent meals, no processed food, organics when i can afford them, and lots of grilled, broiled, poached, and steamed foods. i also cut out red meat and replaced with ground turkey and pork roasts. You can find thousands of recipes online!! or go get yourself some cook books. i collect cook books and use them all the time to try something new. Lunches for me is usually some frozen lean meal. there are some pretty good ones and walmart has a great value brand that is $2 each!!
    again welcome and i hope this helps.
    tifanieb
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, it is a great resource with so many people here to support and motivate you. You will absolutely like it here.
  • debbi56
    debbi56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for a couple weeks now. In the past I could never keep track of my calories. This site makes it so easy:smile: If I know I will be eating out I can decide on what I want to eat before I go. This site has made things a whole lot easier.